Another Mustang STGB - Ford Mustang! Chat

vppelt68

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

A good price for the buyer or the seller :rofl2:

A guy here in Finland is asking 40€ for the Tamiya R kit - I think that's a bit high?

Most of the ones I've seen people are asking $100 or more for.  It may end up being a lucky find at a model show in the future if at all.  Deals are pretty few and far between on the evilBay.  That one sounds like it's probably a fair price.  Not really a deal, but not highway robbery either.  I'm watching another one that started at $15, but is already creeping up and there is still more than a day to go.  It'll probably get up over $60 too.

46 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

That Cobra R kit just became mine - for 30€ :coolio: (that's 36,39 USD at today's rate)

That'll do!  I'd pay that and not lose any sleep over it.  :cheers:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, helios16v said:

That'll do!  I'd pay that and not lose any sleep over it.  :cheers:

They say the Cobra R was quick - sure, this one is already here :yahoo:. The seller lives less than 20km away so we set up a meet today.

2021-04-30_01-16-30

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, helios16v said:

@vppelt68 You tease!  :bleh:

I see a separate hood.  Does this kit actually have an engine it it?  :blink2:

Kinda. It has a "curbside" floor pan on the bottom, but you add half an engine and accessories on the other side. It looks surprisingly good on paper. I plan to scan and add the instructions to Scalemates and I'll let you know when it's done. V-P

• Thanks 1

Figured as much.  Probably molded the hood separate so they could use the same body for the GT & later Cobras.  Does the rear bumper just say "MUSTANG" on it (engraved)?  Curious if they got that part right.  The 94-95 Cobras used a V6 rear bumper skin.  The "COBRA" engraved rear bumper didn't come around until 1996 with the introduction of the 32v DOHC engines.  The 2 other external differences w/ the '94/95 Cobras are a specific rear wing w/ integrated LED 3rd brake light (no light on the trunk above the license plate like all other 94-98 cars), and a running horse in the grill area (not a cobra like the 96+).  Box art looks right, they even got the Saddle/Black two tone interior and non-fluted headlight glass.

I'd like to find a Monogram/Revell GT kit to rob the engine/drivetrain and bits of the lower chassis to kit-bash a full kit together.  Grand plans...time will tell if I actually end up following through.  :rofl2:

43 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Figured as much.  Probably molded the hood separate so they could use the same body for the GT & later Cobras.  Does the rear bumper just say "MUSTANG" on it (engraved)?  Curious if they got that part right.  The 94-95 Cobras used a V6 rear bumper skin.  The "COBRA" engraved rear bumper didn't come around until 1996 with the introduction of the 32v DOHC engines.  The 2 other external differences w/ the '94/95 Cobras are a specific rear wing w/ integrated LED 3rd brake light (no light on the trunk above the license plate like all other 94-98 cars), and a running horse in the grill area (not a cobra like the 96+).  Box art looks right, they even got the Saddle/Black two tone interior and non-fluted headlight glass.

I'd like to find a Monogram/Revell GT kit to rob the engine/drivetrain and bits of the lower chassis to kit-bash a full kit together.  Grand plans...time will tell if I actually end up following through.  :rofl2:

The rear bumper has indeed "MUSTANG" engraved. The rear wing has the integrated brake light. The kit has a separate, chrome plated horse for the grill. All three things correct then? Hey... it´s TAMIYA :coolio:

Here´s a link to the instructions: https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/3/5/7/129357-73-instructions.pdf

V-P

EDIT: The floor pan is not "solid" - it has see through openings where there should be, between engine block and wheel wells.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I saw 3 this weekend I was tempted by, but somehow managed to refrain.  The Bond Diamonds Are Forever Mach 1 (1971), '67 GT500, and a '69 Boss 302.  I was pretty target fixated on airbrush parts and base materials for the A-4 build, so decided to hang onto the money due to a camping trip coming up shortly.  

• Like 1

I'm keeping my eyes open for a 4 headlight Fox Body notchback. Pretty sure Revell and MPC both kitted them in the 80s. My back up plan is the modern Revell facelift notchback (drag or Police versions).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 81-er said:

Am I too late to sign up for this one?

Not too late until early October, and even that depends on how quick builder you are! Welcome, we'll be off in no time, so warm up your V-8! V-P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Any chance I can join the GB please? I don't have a kit atm but that will change in the next couple of days 😉👍

That was a silly question, Andy! You're welcome, just find yourself a kit of your liking and join the pony car movement! V-P

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

I don't have a kit atm but that will change in the next couple of days 😉👍

I'm looking forward to seeing what it is. 😉

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, LDSModeller said:

Hi Folks,

May I join this GB?

I have a 1/48 Monogram kit (P-51D) I'd like to build as an

RNZAF Target Tug.

Thanks in anticipation :D

Regards