Another Mustang STGB - Ford Mustang! Chat

vppelt68

I'm hunting for a Monogram/Revell Shelby GT-350R, the racing version. If that can't be found, the H models appear plenty and can be painted as normal (white w/blue stripes), if there ever was anything normal with the Shelbys... 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

I'm hunting for a Monogram/Revell Shelby GT-350R, the racing version. If that can't be found, the H models appear plenty and can be painted as normal (white w/blue stripes), if there ever was anything normal with the Shelbys... 🙂

which kit I will take a look locally, if I find it we can figure stuff out. Is it the 1965 version ? 

• Thanks 1

Great news that it's going ahead, plenty of time to get something to build now :)

I'm leaning towards the Tamiya GT4 as it should sit nicely alongside the AMG GT3 Merc I have on the go

Just need to see if there is anything different to the grey box artwork as I think grey cars just look like they have glossed over the primer 🤔

Ian :) 

26 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Great news that it's going ahead, plenty of time to get something to build now :)

I'm leaning towards the Tamiya GT4 as it should sit nicely alongside the AMG GT3 Merc I have on the go

Just need to see if there is anything different to the grey box artwork as I think grey cars just look like they have glossed over the primer 🤔

Ian :) 

Indycals offers a couple sets for the GT4.  There are a couple down towards the bottom of the page.  https://www.indycals.net/decals/lemans.html

Just noticed there is the 2018 Volt & Kohr Mustangs as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Just need to see if there is anything different to the grey box artwork

I was reading about that one only today as I fancied it too, and apparently in the box it comes with decals for either grey number 17, or white number 18, and the white looks pretty decent.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, diases said:

Any of you car guru's know if theres a mustang model with detailed engine availible.

Engineless models really bug me for some reason.

Paul

PS cars are not my normal subject.

I'm no car guru, but as far as I know all the American (AMT, JoHan, Monogram, MPC etc.) manufacturer's 1:24/25 Mustang kits do have an engine included. You must be the one to determine if they are detailed, or not. None of them comes with spark plug wiring, fuel lines et, but all the major components are there.

Just now, wimbledon99 said:

How did I miss this?? Yes please!! :yahoo:

I just this morning read one of your posts and thought if you're in the Mustang list or not - aren't you a known Capri-enthusiast too? Welcome to play with its bigger sister from America! V-P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vppelt68 said:

I just this morning read one of your posts and thought if you're in the Mustang list or not - aren't you a known Capri-enthusiast too? Welcome to play with its bigger sister from America! V-P

I will admit to owning a few Capri's in my younger years. My first car was a MkI; I wish I still had her now!! I built a 1:24 MkI a while ago now, also a Zakspeed Wurth. They're a tad dusty now but I might give them a once over with the airbrush and cloth.

• Like 1

Here's one I'll be adding...

20201203-125412.jpg

I've got a Hertz Rent-a Racer '66 as well, although I think I may have painted the bodyshell. I'll have to dig it out to see if it's eligible.

I'll also be on the lookout for an affordable Monogram '69 fastback, probably my all time favourite Mustang whatever engine it had.

Tony.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TonyW said:

Here's one I'll be adding...

I've got a Hertz Rent-a Racer '66 as well, although I think I may have painted the bodyshell. I'll have to dig it out to see if it's eligible.

I'll also be on the lookout for an affordable Monogram '69 fastback, probably my all time favourite Mustang whatever engine it had.

Tony.

Great choices all. Painting a bodyshell is waaaaay below the 25% mark - just bring it in, please. I agree with the ´69-´70 fastback styling being the best looking ever, and the ´69 quadruple headlight front just beats the ´70 edition 6-0. V-P

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Great choices all. Painting a bodyshell is waaaaay below the 25% mark - just bring it in, please. I agree with the ´69-´70 fastback styling being the best looking ever, and the ´69 quadruple headlight front just beats the ´70 edition 6-0. V-P

Well, in that case add another from me then! 

The offer was good enough to get me up in the loft just now, to find out what's been done on the '66. The body parts have been primed in black and the primer has reacted with the soft Revell plastic a bit. There's a pebble like finish here and there that should sand out just fine. Other than a set of Firestone decals on the tires, that's it.

20201204-145658.jpg

20201204-145649.jpg

The Mopar is part done, it's been like that  for ages! I was in the same storage box as the Ford and made for a nice bit of colour for the photo. I might have to add it to the KUTA GB.

Tony.

Calypso Coral is my fav.  I've been very tempted to track down a Comp Orange Boss 302 (2012).....but lack of garage space has curtailed that objective for now.  Unless I decide to off the Cossie...but those are so rare over here that I couldn't bring myself to do it.  :D

I actually just won a bid last week on a couple old Elliott stock car kits (2 Monograms & 1 AMT).  The AMT is started, but I've not really been a fan of the AMT stock car kits compared to the Monograms.  So my intent for the AMT was just going to be spare parts.  So maybe I'll see about using some bits (roll cage and maybe rear suspension bits to convert the GT350H or one of the 93 Cobras into a road racer.  :hmmm:

I do still want to build that Zakspeed IMSA Mustang though.....  decisions, decisions.  If only there was more time available to me, I'd just do an Enzo.

• Like 2

So after originally wanting to build the Tamiya GT4 I had thought about the AMT '67 (my birth year) but have settled on the Revell '65 2+2 (after snagging a bargain on eBay this morning).

Quick question; Does painting the body prior to the GB conform to the 25% rule?

• Like 1

After having said above that the '69 Mustang is my favourite shape and year, I took a peek at what was available out there. Not with any intention of buying, just a quick look you understand.

Here's how that one worked out. I now have a trio of Fords finest, including a Boss 302 that I had no intention of getting, sat here and ready to go! 

20201210-145108.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Well that's my choice made for me then, Santa must have been reading my posts as he left me one of the Tamiya GT4 Mustangs under the tree 😁 His handwriting is very similar to the wife's as well, but I know it couldn't have been from her as she keeps telling me I have enough kits already 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3