F-15 50th Anniversary STGB Chat

I've never finished building an F-15. My only attempt was the original Tamiya 1/32 F-15E kit. 

I saw it asked earlier but do Whiffers count? I've got a pair of Revell 1/32 Eagles in the stash to build an F-15J Kai. 

spacer.png

It's from Patlabor 2.

Carl

Edited by FG2Si
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 7:02 AM, helios16v said:

Thoughts on WHIF schemes?  While looking at my pile of F-4s...I started wondering how the E would look in the Euro1 scheme had it continued on.  :hmmm: 

Because, I mean, camo makes every better.  Right?  :devil:

You know Im very sorry I misread your post. I didn't realize something when I read it initially. I guess we could go with Whif Schemes as An E would interesting Euro 1. Would you still be interested ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

33 minutes ago, FG2Si said:

I've never finished building an F-15. My only attempt was the original Tamiya 1/32 F-15E kit. 

I saw it asked earlier but do Whiffers count? I've got a pair of Revell 1/32 Eagles in the stash to build an F-15J Kai. 

spacer.png

It's from Patlabor 2.

Carl

Normally I would say no but Whifs that are close enough to real proposal’s would be good for me. I have seen an F-15 proposal for an upgraded stealthier version that looks quite similar to your schematic. Shall I add you to the list ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Normally I would say no but Whifs that are close enough to real proposal’s would be good for me. I have seen an F-15 proposal for an upgraded stealthier version that looks quite similar to your schematic. Shall I add you to the list ? 

Thanks! Please add me to the list. 

Carl

• Like 1

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Let the Eagle soar F-15 Single type group build.... 1 to go !
7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You know Im very sorry I misread your post. I didn't realize something when I read it initially. I guess we could go with Whif Schemes as An E would interesting Euro 1. Would you still be interested ? 

Yeah, I’d be interested either way.  I’ve got a couple options, that was just a notion I had that piqued my interest whilst poking about the stash.

• Like 1

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Let the Eagle soar F-15 Single type group build.... we have 25 !!!
7 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Yeah, I’d be interested either way.  I’ve got a couple options, that was just a notion I had that piqued my interest whilst poking about the stash.

I added you in at # 25 anything should be good I actually think the prototypes of the “E” might have worn Euro at some point but my old memory could be mistaken on that ? 

OH @Enzo Matrix we have the needed 25 so could we please please get dates for this. If Im correct we’re into the first quarter of 2022 now ? 

12 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I added you in at # 25 anything should be good I actually think the prototypes of the “E” might have worn Euro at some point but my old memory could be mistaken on that ? 

OH @Enzo Matrix we have the needed 25 so could we please please get dates for this. If Im correct we’re into the first quarter of 2022 now ? 

Doesn't the Hasegawa 72nd scale kit come with the Euro1 schemes?

• Like 1

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to F-15 50th Anniversary STGB ... 27July 2022 - Sunday 30 Oct 2022
On 9/29/2020 at 2:15 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The dates for this Build will be from 27 July 2022 through 30 October 2022. 27 July 1972 was the Eagle’s first flight this the starting day. 

We have our dates for this and it falls on the Golden anniversary of the F-15 Eagle birth. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's see if I can get the Tomcat in 1/32 in that STGB done.

If it works, there's an F-15B in the same scale that's been sitting there for 25+ years to be done :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2021 at 2:02 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Just a lil bump to see if anyone may be curious ? 

Definitely! Two F-15C and one F-15E in the stash!

Please add me to the list Dennis.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Well done for booking this in advance Dennis. I have a 1/48 Hassegawa F.15E in the stash with some nice resin goodies and some 48th TFW decals.

I have another F15 EGL in the drive way but its more than 25% done!

20201110_160615

Colin

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnson said:

Definitely! Two F-15C and one F-15E in the stash!

Please add me to the list Dennis.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Well I do have a 1/144 Eagle in the stash and all things being equal next summer would be about right for it to see the light of day.

1 hour ago, Colin W said:

Well done for booking this in advance Dennis. I have a 1/48 Hassegawa F.15E in the stash with some nice resin goodies and some 48th TFW decals.

I have another F15 EGL in the drive way but its more than 25% done!

20201110_160615

Colin

Thank you and welcome aboard Gentlemen.

If  you cant have a McDonnell Douglas Eagle this is a very good substitute

• Like 2