F-15 50th Anniversary STGB Chat

1 hour ago, FortyEighter said:

Hi Dennis

Count me in - there's an Academy F-16C MSIP in my stash too, would make a change from mudhens!

Mike

Hello Mike... Ive added you in to the list, Im pretty sure that's a typo in your post so No worries. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Academy

Academy-F15-C-Eagle.jpg

Airfix or

Airfix-Eagle.jpg

Hasegawa to choose from.

Hasegawa-Eagle.jpg

And an Israeli Ra'am in the 2017 Eagle GB,  and an Air Superiority Blue F-15a in the previous 2013 Eagle GB to declare.

I'm in.

Welcome aboard all would be good options, though not sure if Ive ever seen the Airfix kit built up before. 

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome aboard all would be good options, though not sure if Ive ever seen the Airfix kit built up before. 

Here's one that I built earlier. . . . when the kit first came out.

Airfix_F15_Eagle_ADS.jpg

And refurbished the canopy area in 2013

Airfix-F15-Eagle-Canopy.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Sign me up Dennis,I'm building Tamiya's 1/48 kit for the interceptors GB but feel an early A in air superiority blue coming on in the future.

Welcome aboard Steve, the early A’s looked good in that scheme so should make for a good looking model. 

3 hours ago, rafalbert said:

Count me in, I have a few in the stash.

Dave

You sir are counted. And we’re up to 3/4’ers now. 

1 hour ago, dnl42 said:

My stash comes through again. :thumbsup:

Revell (née Monogram) 1/48 F-15C. Plus Revell's Oregon ANG 75th Anniversary markings that a kind soul provided.

Welcome aboard and I know these markings, should make for a very colorful and attractive build on your shelf. 

Thoughts on WHIF schemes?  While looking at my pile of F-4s...I started wondering how the E would look in the Euro1 scheme had it continued on.  :hmmm: 

Because, I mean, camo makes every better.  Right?  :devil:

4 hours ago, helios16v said:

Thoughts on WHIF schemes?  While looking at my pile of F-4s...I started wondering how the E would look in the Euro1 scheme had it continued on.  :hmmm:

Like this  -  the prototype two seater was painted in Euro1, whilst promoting the F-15E Strike Eagle.

Hasegawa 1/72, which I built in 1991 - whilst watching grey Strike Eagles on TV most days on breakfast news.

Hasegawa-F15-Eagle-Lizard.jpg

I saw this aircraft at Farnborough in 1980. All bombed up in the static park during the morning,

they unloaded it to fly during the afternoon.

Real Viking launch with lots of fire and noise - it suffered a birdstrike on liftoff.

A very tame circuit, it landed immediately, and that was the end of that display.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, helios16v said:

Because, I mean, camo makes every better.  Right?  :devil:

Something like this one ? 

https://www.deviantart.com/f16crewchief/art/21st-TFTS-F-4E-in-Euro-1-Scheme-434414750

The realisation I don't have an F-15 kit in the stash sent me searching for some reviews earlier. Didn't realise just how much choice there was not only of kits but also of opinions as to which is best :blink2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

The realisation I don't have an F-15 kit in the stash sent me searching for some reviews earlier. Didn't realise just how much choice there was not only of kits but also of opinions as to which is best :blink2:

Yes there are quite a large number of options. Im stuck between USAF F-15E, Israeli F-15I, or Japanese F-15 Aggressor ? Kitwise its between Academy or Hasegawa in 1/72 or 1/48. Cant even consider the Great wall option, good but half a years budget in one kit is a non-starter. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes there are quite a large number of options. Im stuck between USAF F-15E, Israeli F-15I, or Japanese F-15 Aggressor ? Kitwise its between Academy or Hasegawa in 1/72 or 1/48. Cant even consider the Great wall option, good but half a years budget in one kit is a non-starter. 

Was thinking 72nd scale and an A/C model for myself and with that in mind the Hasegawa kit looks to be best option coming as it does from an era when their kits were great for fit and detail while still being affordable. Sure the GWH one is wonderful but as you say the price is a bit too far beyond my comfort zone.

• Like 1