Steyr 2000a with 3cm Flak 103/38

Phil1960

Hi All.
Here my new project: Steyr 2000a with a 3cm Flak 103/38 on the deck.
Unfortunately war time pictures are very rare (AFAIK only two). So I rebuilt the driving compartment and the whole rear area using two photos of Steyr 2000a from PzGren Regt 40, 17 Panzer Division, Silesia/Prague area 1945 + the pics gently posted this year on Missing Lynx by Paul Hocking (thank you, Paul!).
Flak 3 cm 103/38 on deck is from Dragon kit no. 6353 (I hope to find a turned brass gun!).
Tamiya Steyr 1500 is a perfect base for chassis and driving section but it needs some modifications to make a late Steyr 2000a:
- dashboard (simplified + photo-etched from Aber kit no 35076);
- front lights (from Tamiya Kubelwagen);
- front doors (simplified);
- frame for front tarpaulin.
The cargo bed will be built using the WWP book as reference (no 9 Steyr 1500a + no R077 Steyr 1500a in details) even if, imho, there are some errors such as rear cargo bed too long (no war time Steyr 2000a had the extended rear deck) or wrong area over rear wheels (must be more rounded).
Besides, Steyr 2000a had the reinforced rear spring but no double rear wheels.
The Steyr is almost completed, it lacks some minor details.
Three doubts:
1. The original pic from 17 PD show a rounded wooden panel that it seems the support for spare flak gun. Is it correct?
2. In the original pics posted by Paul I don’t understand how the hinges for lateral pivoting doors are hooked at the bottom. Any help?
3.Which camo? The original pic seems a two tone camo, maybe large green stripes over sand yellow. Is it correct? I hope a negative answer as I’d a three tone camo!
Thanks
Feel free to comment.
Ciao
F

Fg08QEt.jpg

8Ec7LtK.jpg

9IrJvOq.jpg

xUdPPuv.jpg

OKLXjjG.jpg

U1cGHSL.jpg

hwZagbb.jpg

Hr9j8Bv.jpg

0bH0ZBK.jpg

IDaDYu1.jpg

HBMcjl3.jpg

Fg08QEt.jpg

DfMJxvW.jpg

C6tPR58.jpg

s8RNoay.jpg

buIHMjJ.jpg

VtQFWvb.jpg

YWnowjS.jpg

Fn1CdTn.jpg

laKuTzL.jpg

kfU68OC.jpg

iUYC8iN.jpg

0H4m5a5.jpg

• Like 8

That looks great. Love it.......it was a build on my list. There's actually a resin set available (name of company escapes me), so will follow and take notes as it's much more enjoyable to do scratch than buy it ready made.......

Really nice work so love the dash board....:yes:

Nice work.

Regards

Simon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh that does tickle my fancy with the scratch building. afraid I can't answer on the questions tho, apart form the paint one - and that would be, if it is possible it was around at a time of 3-tone camo, why wouldn't some German paint it in tri--tone?

• Thanks 1

Thank you M3talpig, John and Robw-uk. Really apreciated👍.

Simon Thank you, I know the conversion you are talking about. At first it was my first choice but after a study I realized that it was not what I need as imho it was based on post war Steyr.

Ciao

Filippo