What badge is this? (French Armee de l'air)

RidgeRunner

According to this http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_liore_et_olivier_LeO_453.html

They were used by either Air-Sea rescue or communications squadrons. Might help to narrow your focus to them. By the way I tweaked the photo your symbol is a bat ? 

Ok found this page which is about SASM 99 but you will need a translator it is only in French. 

http://ears99.cocardes.com/historique

I truly hope you find out what you're looking for. Let me know if I can help more ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

On 9/30/2020 at 12:57 PM, PaulT 876 said:

Hi

Martin

There is some info on this a/c in the book  Histoir de's Escadres De L' Armee de Air Tome 2 page 185 SASM 99 section,  not a good info on the insig aim still looking the B on the tail was red and there are red bands on the wings and some poss on the fuselarge the codes are Navy style codes used at the time bit like US codes some one dose them on a sheet i think i have it some where need time to look it out.

Steve i replyed to your Max Holste Broussard post on the 29-06-2019 with all the info you need.

hope this helps.

I will post any info i find in your build Martin in the Heller GB OK.

Paul

Thanks Paul. all helpful. Apart from the badge I am pretty complete now in my search for data and parts :).... of course, more is always better, especially to cross reference and confirm ;). So, anything appreciated. 
 As you say, the bands were red, as was the ta code. The code lettering was standard French of the time. Spinners black. Rounders were the “new” format with yellow outlining.

Martin

Hello,

You can find the Logo on an inset on the last page, last profile (p. 308) of the recent Tome II: Les variants du LeO 45 (Lioré et Olivier LeO 45) by Jean-Michel Meunier published in July 2020.

It just says AIA in red inside a grey inside a cogwheel superimposed on a yellow triangle.

I can scan the thing for you if you wish.

HTH,

Jean