165 Caudron - Renault C635 "Simoun" ##FINISHED##

JOCKNEY

42 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

We might have a few of these built for this GB Tony. I’ve already sourced one and another is on its way. My GB appetite is getting a little too big for my belly! 

Just one more waffier thin kit, go on, just the one....

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrIS.aZi3tfoPwA4wV3Bwx.;_ylu=Y29sbwMEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3BpdnM-?p=Mr+creosote&hsimp=yhs-epic&hspart=hidden&ei=UTF-8&fr=yhs-hidden-epic#id=3&vid=5db17aab5aa5e872b8077b893355a5a3&action=view

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TonyW said:

Mine turned up today Pat.  It's going to have to get in line though.

Any more to report on yours?

Tony.

Hi Tony

Sorry I thought I would work on the 714 first then go on to this one.

I have unfinished builds all over the place, so I'm trying to finish some first !

I've failed miserably in my own Choppers GB, still have 2 builds in the MTO III GB and 3 in this one :frantic:

I have however been doing some research on the interior, which is going to look really smart, wooden floors, red walls and red and aluminium seats apparently ! I only hope you you can see it through the windows 

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Mrs Jockney has had me on a diet for the last 8 weeks, so I guess I didn't learn the small bites either !

Are our respective wives talking to each other behind our backs?

I am facing the same ordeal... Damn!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

I've lost 22 lbs so far how are you getting on ?

I have gained 14 Pounds...

Are you eating your stash?

Please do not comment!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I've lost 22 lbs so far

Wow... your Carpet Monsters are extremely active Pat!! 

Of all the venomous species down here, at least we don’t breed that lot! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

To return to a modelling theme for the moment anyway, ;)

Do you remember I told you the interior colour were pretty wild, well here's a close up on the instructions 

IMG_5339

Red walls and seats a wooden floor, plus aluminium in the seats as well, so here's where I've got to so far

IMG_5338

For the red wall I went for a Humbrol colour called Wine, I know but I couldn't help myself !

IMG_5337

Here's the interior, wooden floors need more work, seat harnesses to be added and control levers to fit but it's progress.

Cheers Pat

• Like 10

Very vivid Pat... as I have one of these (and another on it's way), I'm watching on with interest. Not sure I fancy that windscreen assembly, however I'm sure it'll work out. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Pat,

that does indeed look very smat!

Just a small question: how do people proceed forward of the two side by side seats? Do they jump/.

An interesting concept indeed!

A beautiful and elegant plane! Have fun!

JR.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Pat,

that does indeed look very smat!

Just a small question: how do people proceed forward of the two side by side seats? Do they jump/.

An interesting concept indeed!

A beautiful and elegant plane! Have fun!

JR.

I completely agree about the seat positions but check out the pedals in relation to the seat, even if the control column is cranked back towards the pilot, they are going to need blooming long legs to reach the 2 pedals !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

pilot's seats are staggered and there was no dual control on military Simoun. On civilian model, it was not sure there was rudder control for the radio navigator;
Heller is wrong with the colour of Doret's airplane, in reality she was silver with red stripes.(as described by a journalist the day of departure: "...petit avion argenté aux ailes striées de rrouge.").

excerpt from pilot's note C635

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Stroll on, I've even treated myself to a spray can of yellow paint, yes I know what you're thinking, he's just throwing his money  around willie nillie ! 

I hope no one minds but I've kind of got used to the idea of a yellow aircraft so I will stick with it, however thanks's to the diligence of @BS_w I will sort out and correct the seating arrangements.

Thanks @BS_w goodness only knows where you found the info, but it's really appreciated.

Cheers Pat

• Like 3

Now I’ve heard this story that Heller got these yellow / silver colours not quite right. Does anyone know if photographs exist of this machine prior, during or post flight? I know Pat, why not go half way and paint it ‘Orange’!!!!! 

Cheers.. Dave (grabbing his coat quick smart!)

• Haha 1

Ok ok stop kicking a guy when he's down, I might change my avatar to me in a kilt wearing budgie smugglers just to change the subject  !

I paid good money for a blooming yellow spray can... anyone fancy a Trainers Yellow GB?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This one had slipped so far back on the list of builds, it nearly fell into the future KUTA GB !

So, time to put the interior in

IMG_5358

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about making this kit, the instrument panel is far too wide, resulting in a considerable gap at the front of the fuselage, unless you slim it down.

IMG_5359

There are hardly any locating pins on the fuselage halves so, I starting on one bit, got it lined up, glued, lined up the next bit etc.

IMG_5360

IMG_5361

Landing gear on, not much filling required 

IMG_5362

Finally my new can of yellow paint,

IMG_5363

I haven't used a spray can in ages, what can possibly go wrong !

Cheers Pat

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Nice progress Pat. Thanks for the wide instrument panel issue, that might save a few issues when I ever get the chance to do mine. Best of luck with the yellow spray can too... I’d be inclined to paint it over a white primer base, but you might be right. 
Cheers.. Dave

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice progress Pat. Thanks for the wide instrument panel issue, that might save a few issues when I ever get the chance to do mine. Best of luck with the yellow spray can too... I’d be inclined to paint it over a white primer base, but you might be right. 
Cheers.. Dave

Struth that would mean doubling up on the spray cans....

I might have to practice on a bus shelter or a neighbour's garage wall one night to get the hang of them !

Just joking honestly :bobby:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

Nice progress on this. I kinda like the look of this little plane. It's very much of that era. 

Yellow spray can (or any other way) is notoriously tricky. I've never used Tamiya cans but I would be doubtful about straight on grey. It kind of relies on the background almost shining through it if you see what I mean. 

I've got a Halford's yellow primer which gives a good base. I've also gone over a white base. 

• Like 1