165 Caudron - Renault C635 "Simoun" ##FINISHED##

JOCKNEY

Apologies, I had great plans to finish this tonight, having managed to retrieve and glue the side window back in, only for lighting to strike twice !

IMG_5486

IMG_5487

Right after I took this picture, I picked it up and , yes you've guessed it, put the opposite windows in ! 

So, I am now taking the front back off the aircraft and going fishing for the missing glazing, give me strength.

I will finish this blooming thing, it's not going to beat me !

Cheers Pat

• Like 5

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I will finish this blooming thing, it's not going to beat me !

That's the proper Heller GB spirit we all like to see!

And while you're at it, glue them in properly this time why don't you 😉 

• Haha 2

Right, so having caught up with lots of you about your own builds, perhaps I'd better get my finger out with my own.

Having recovered the other side windows and reattached the engine and prop for the second time, I started putting the decals on.

IMG_5488

Now this was a bit scary as the decals are huge and let's face it, if they wrong, the build is finished !

However the decals behaved impeccably, so I'm delighted to call this one done :phew:

Let me know what what you think, and I hope you like it.

Cheers Pat

IMG_5489

IMG_5490

IMG_5492

IMG_5493

• Like 7

• JOCKNEY changed the title to 165 Caudron - Renault C635 "Simoun" ##FINISHED##

Superb job Pat! The Caudron looks amazing, and great work on those mahoosive decals too. Not for the feint hearted, and neither is an overall yellow paint job. Well worth the perseverance though, and I won't mention those pesky windows. Always has to be one part of the build that plays up!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Johnson said:

That looks really great Pat. Must have been a great relief to get the decals on.

And no draughts!

Thanks Charlie 

Theres a little bit of yellow paint on a side window, and its staying there I'm not going to risk them falling in for a 3rd time !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1