Gloster Gladiator 1/72

Rafwaffe

Missed this post, so good to have you onboard @Rafwaffe and delighted that you’re bringing Heller’s lovely Gladiator to this party. It’s a great kit and will come up a treat. 
Cheers and Welcome.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Missed this one, original catalogue number 153 when first released in 1978.

This was to my mind, the best 1/72nd Gladiator until the release of the Airfix one a few years back, it's still a good kit now.

Welcome and good luck with this one.

Ouch you have reminded me that i started one of these as a present for a work colleague from Malta.

Yes it was going to be one of "Faith Hope or Charity" I know it never got finished which is a real shame.

Lovely kit though, so please ease my guilt and allow me to follow your build. 

Good luck.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Rafwaffe

Not sure if you are aware @Enzo Matrix has been kind enough to give us an additional 2 weeks for this GB.

Will that give you a chance to come back and complete this one ?

Cheers Pat

I haven’t forgotten this build! Unfortunately work toddlers and life severely impacted on any hobby time in the last half of 2020 and I will aim to get this build underway and finished to at least finish something to start the year once I get back home to Canberra next week! Pictures to follow in due course. Watch this space!

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Rafwaffe

Great to hear from you, safe journey home. 

Yes toddlers, I don't envy you there, Mrs Jockney and I had 4 kids under 4 at one stage, which made life "interesting " also toddlers do have a habit of pulling stuff down off worktops and modelling areas !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Rafwaffe

Did you ever manage to get back to sparing with your Gladiator  ?

Cheers Pat 

Not had a chance to get going on this. Have a cunning plan to get it done before the deadline. Once I get home from being away for work I have approx 48-72 hours to get it built. Watch this space!

It’s not going to be my best work or possibly pretty but I plan on getting one heller gladiator built as promised!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rafwaffe said:

will see just how quickly I can do this tomorrow evening (once the kids and wife are asleep so I can work)

Ah now that's a method of construction I'm familiar with !

Best of luck

• Thanks 1

Calling her done

Gladiator

only issue put the undercarriage around the wrong way🤦‍♂️

got there in the end!

Ah well looks like a gladiator that’s the main thing. Still a lovely little kit to build.

Thanks to the mods for the  groupbuild for the trip (sprint!) down memory lane and thanks for sticking with me. Pictures for the gallery to go then time for bed (230am here!)

Edited by Rafwaffe
  • Like 3