Fujimi Aftermarket Wheels on a Tamiya 1/24 Scale Kit ?

Tiger331

Hi there,

Cars are not my expertise but I have a Tamiya 1/24 Porsche Boxter that I am going to make for a work colleague. The problem is the two types of rims included in the kit do not look like the ones on his car. I have seen a set of Fujimi aftermarket rims that look very similar but before I go ahead and buy I need to know if they will fit (obviously the axles may need a bit of thinning/fettling) in overall terms ?.

Unless anyone can come up with a better idea (alternative parts ?) to replicate the rims shown here ?

Porshe Boxter Wheel

Thanks for your help 

Tamiya and Fujimi wheels have different “sexes”... on Tamiya wheels, the axle is on the wheel, and the poly cap goes in the brake rotor, whereas on a Fujimi wheel, the poly cap is in the wheel. They’ll fit, but instead of using two poly caps and a short length of plastic rod, I’d glue some sprue into the recess in the brakes and drill it to fit a piece of rod more firmly...

best,

M.

What Matthew said... but I'll also advise using superglue to make a strong bond when fitting adapted wheels in place. You can make anything fit anything with a bit of fettling. A pin vice is an invaluable bit of equipment for this, if you don't already have one.