Italeri/ESCI Mirage 3E, 1/48

This is my Mirage 3E in 1/48 scale. This is a rebox of the quite old ESCI kit, but it captures the general shape of the Mirage 3 quite well I think. It has raised panel lines, which I accented by slightly polishing the paint off the panel lines with a very fine nailbuffer. I am not completely happy about the way the NMF turned out, but it was a good project to learn from. Most of the paints are Vallejo and Mig acrylics. 

Kind regards,

Gerben

Mirage2

Mirage1

Mirage3

• Like 23

Nice looking model. As for the natural metal finish, that can be a struggle for even experienced modelers. But with each model we build, we learn.

• Like 1

Very nicely done.  The ESCI/Italeri Mirage 3 turns out a good looking Mirage.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers

Zhizhou

• Thanks 1

She looks pretty good to me.  Nice work on the natural metal finish.  I have always been a bit wary of the ESCI Mirage after building a Fujimi Mirage 3R which isn’t a great kit & undersized.  Built loads of 1/48 ESCI though so maybe should give it another look

• Like 1

On 29/09/2020 at 09:39, bar side said:

She looks pretty good to me.  Nice work on the natural metal finish.  I have always been a bit wary of the ESCI Mirage after building a Fujimi Mirage 3R which isn’t a great kit & undersized.  Built loads of 1/48 ESCI though so maybe should give it another look

Thanks for the kind remarks! Yes, if you can live with raised panel lines, the Italeri/ESCI kit is quite nice. The general shape is good and the Italeri version has a superb decal sheet..