A Latin Starting Place

Tweener

As a quick distraction from the 4 ongoing P-40 builds, I picked up Revell's old Stearman. I'd been hoping for a simple build, but then the interior and wheels provided didn't make the cut. I've replaced the wheels with some close-enough spares and scratched a floorboard with rudder pedals and control sticks. It's far from accurate, but then it's better than nothing at all. Guatemalan '33' markings for this one courtesy of Herb - thanks again!

My only question with this one - where can I get a suitable  7-cyl engine to replace the kits 9-cyl PT-13 engine?

Stay healthy,

Tweener

PT-17 PT-17

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

I’d say three options, eBay ( they have a huge amount of resin parts) Hannants or scratch build.

I'll have to check in on Hannants, eBay seems to have a modest selection of 9-cyl engines, but nothing with just 7.

• 5 weeks later...

Xtradecals have finally arrived, and the Stearman is almost ready for them as well. After I replace a strut and make a few touch ups to the underside and to the wheels, they will go on. Curiously, the roundels and aircraft numbers in this sheet are far larger than those on the Aztec Decal sheet for the same plane, and slightly darker as well. I plan to use the roundels and tail stripes from Xtra and the numbers from Aztec. The spare Aztec Roundels will then likely find their way on to either an Avro 504 or an AT-11, but no decision has yet been made. 

Xtradecal Stearman

Spot also the Peruvian Scheme, which may appear in the near future as well. If not, the British PT-27 is next.

Thanks,

Stay Healthy,

Tweener