Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys.

 

Want to show you my second Viggen. Early this year I built the Sk 37 from the Special Hobby Duo Pack, now the AJ 37 followed.

 

39518984yt.jpg

 

Some extras were a pilot from PJ Production, pitot tubes from Master and the m/70 rocket pods from Maestro. I used the nice vinyl masks from DN Models for the paint scheme.

 

39518985bj.jpg

 

39518986tz.jpg

 

39518987nq.jpg

 

39518989ph.jpg

 

39518990gy.jpg

 

39518991zc.jpg

 

39518992zf.jpg

 

39518993da.jpg

 

39518994gx.jpg

 

39518995pk.jpg

 

39518996mu.jpg

 

39518997nj.jpg

 

39518998zb.jpg

 

39518999wy.jpg

 

39519000pt.jpg

 

39519002bj.jpg

 

39519005xx.jpg

 

39519006vi.jpg

 

39519007nw.jpg

 

39519008ro.jpg

 

 

Cheers

Daniel
 

Edited by _alfisti_
  • Like 62
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is looking really, really nice but then I am biased.. ;) I did my service right next to F6 and even flew some Tp 84 and Hkp 4 there but the Viggens were gone since about ten years by then, sadly..

 

I think the drop tanks on those AJs were the same colours as the underside. Maybe the AJSFs had their painted another grey later on but that would have been after this one was at F6. But it does not matter, it looks great.

I painted my splinter JA 37 from F13 with the same colours but plan to use those Mr Paint the next time. But I think the Gunzes are fine!

 

Great job!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys for your fine words, I really appreciated them.

 

On 28/09/2020 at 17:15, Paramedic said:

It is looking really, really nice but then I am biased.. ;) I did my service right next to F6 and even flew some Tp 84 and Hkp 4 there but the Viggens were gone since about ten years by then, sadly..

 

I think the drop tanks on those AJs were the same colours as the underside. Maybe the AJSFs had their painted another grey later on but that would have been after this one was at F6. But it does not matter, it looks great.

I painted my splinter JA 37 from F13 with the same colours but plan to use those Mr Paint the next time. But I think the Gunzes are fine!

 

Great job!

In fact I used the same grey for the belly as for the drop tank, I think the weathering makes the difference.

I´m verx sattisfied with the Gunze colors, think they match the original colors very well. Only have to take care the next time not to spray the layers to thick, there are little steps visible on the modell, especially under the roundels.

 

Edited by _alfisti_
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, _alfisti_ said:

Thanks guys for your fine words, I really appreciated them.

 

In fact I used the same grey for the belly as for the drop tank, I think the weathering makes the difference.

I´m verx sattisfied with the Gunze colors, think they match the original colors very well. Only have to take care the next time not to spray the layers to thick, there are little steps visible on the modell, especially under the roundels.

 

Ah ok, sorry! ;) It looked quite a bit lighter, earlier, but maybe not when i look carefully. oops!

 

I agree on the Gunze colours, they look the part. I too did it, not too thick maybe, but it is a bit tricky with four colours and a mask like that. I think they look better in fact, than those others -  Mr. Paint. But they can be applied thinner I think - and weathering might make them look the part too, perhaps..

 

Yours doesn´t look like they are too thick BTW. Looks great!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 hours ago, Paramedic said:

Yours doesn´t look like they are too thick BTW. Looks great!

Thanks again:cheers:.

17 hours ago, Paramedic said:

Ah ok, sorry! ;) It looked quite a bit lighter, earlier, but maybe not when i look carefully. oops!

 

I agree on the Gunze colours, they look the part. I too did it, not too thick maybe, but it is a bit tricky with four colours and a mask like that. I think they look better in fact, than those others -  Mr. Paint. But they can be applied thinner I think - and weathering might make them look the part too, perhaps..

Indeed the drop tank looks brighter than the rest of the grey surfaces, I will do some more weathering the next time. Mr.Paint will also match I think, if you look to pictures the Viggen can bee seen in so many shades from fresh painted to faded with no demarcation lines visible in some areas. with no demacartion lines visible in some areas. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, _alfisti_ said:

 

Thanks again:cheers:.

Indeed the drop tank looks brighter than the rest of the grey surfaces, I will do some more weathering the next time. Mr.Paint will also match I think, if you look to pictures the Viggen can bee seen in so many shades from fresh painted to faded with no demarcation lines visible in some areas. with no demacartion lines visible in some areas. 👍

If it is the same colour though, don´t bother. Tanks came from all over. I used a splinter-camo grey one for my grey-grey JA and I have pictures of that being done so.. Adds flavour. :)

 

Yeah, they were in all kinds of states in the splinter camo. I just think I like the look of the Gunzes slightly more but I wanna try those otehrs.

iirc I used Tamiya´s NATO-black for the black and it looks great. On some airframes that "black" is almost, very dark grey. A good match that Tamiya one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW!!!!!  Impressive Daniel.  The masks certainly helped but the effort does not go unnoticed.  Superb photography too. I felt like I was flying in formation with the sexy delta!!!! :worthy:

 

Mike

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...