Vickers Wellington Mk.1c, 37 Sqn, Greece, 1940

This is my first build on the current MTO GB.  Built OOB with decals by Plastic Planet Club decals.  Vallejo ModelAir paints airbrushed throughout.  'Klear' gloss coat with 'Galeria' matt varnish airbrushed on.   A stress free build like all of the new tool Airfix I have done lately, I left out most of the internals as you can't see much through the glazing. I resisted doing much in the way of weathering as usual with my models.  The decals were very thin and worked well, I only broke one of the fuselage roundels due to my cack-handedness!

Comments and criticism welcome.

Davey.

DSC_0006 DSC_0009 DSC_0007 DSC_0005 DSC_0004 DSC_0003 DSC_0002

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Cracking looking Wellington, Davey. Nice clean factory fresh looking.👍 I keep promising myself one. Are the clear parts one piece?

Thanks Vinnie.  Yes, all the clear parts are one piece, turrets, canopy and especially if you mean the long side windows, they are all one piece and fit well with just very little bits of filing to ensure they are flush. The cockpit canopy has an alternative part where the side windows are slid back, a nice touch I think but I reckon they might have parked them with everything closed to keep dust out!

I had a little difficulty with the small diamond shaped window on the front port side, it took a bit of fettling to sit flush but I got there in the end.

Davey.

• Like 1