I must be dreaming: Nieuport Delage NiD 622

jean

Hi guys and girls,

I am entering a second kit into this Heller GB.

This means that I have lost my marbles: 2 kits!!!

The lucky winner is the Nieuport Delage NiD 622 in 1/72. 

porting the kit number 80224, this is a 1993 rebox of a 1979 kit.

Here are some photos:

NiD 622 Photo 1

NiD 622 Photo 3

NiD 622 Photo 2

NiD 622 Photo 4

My priority build will be the Etendard IVM, but I reckon that this Nieuport will come together fairly quickly.

So, it is worth the try.

Cheers everybody!

JR

• Like 21

I certainly agree on the ‘Mad’ analogy. Not only does Jean build his kit in far away remote locations, some of the kit parts get stolen by a rather thrifty local Mongoose! I look forward to watching this build and the many mad-cap wildlife stories that will surface in the process. 

Cheers and remember‘Don’t feed the animals’... Dave 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Nice! Look forward to your build. I was eyeing up my "black box" version and I like the idea of it as I don't see any rigging. Nice looking aeroplane too!

13 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I certainly agree on the ‘Mad’ analogy. Not only does Jean build his kit in far away remote locations, some of the kit parts get stolen by a rather thrifty local Mongoose! I look forward to watching this build and the many mad-cap wildlife stories that will surface in the process. 

Cheers and remember‘Don’t feed the animals’... Dave 

12 hours ago, Wez said:

Another member of the Wez Heller Hoard, glad to see it!

Nice choice JR, good luck with it.

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Wow JR

You are really are spoiling us, 2 builds in the same GB :like:

This is a new one on me, so really looking forward to seeing you bring this one to life 

cheers Pat 

11 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Cor! That’s nice :)

Martin

10 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I've been waiting to see if anyone would do this kit. 

Chair pulled up and refreshments near at hand.

Chris

1 hour ago, Toryu said:

Great! I love those ancient paragliders with horsepower. The box art looks quite intimidating, I hope the kit does not...

Hi guys,

thank you for your moral support! Yes, this kit is actually lovely and what is not to like with these Nieuport "fighters"?

I do not foresee any difficulties with this little beauty (Haven't we all heard this nonsense before?)

And Dave, the Mad Mongoose has been served with a restraining order. So no problems on the long tailed menace (I like kidding myself from time to time!)

I will go for the Black Panther scheme, as I have a D520 in waiting with he same squadron badge, and then a Mystere IV and an Alpha Jet (the last two are still n the stash, untouched). 

I am sure this GB is going to be real fun!

Cheers all.

JR

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Oh I see what you did there, getting him to commit to a 3rd build....... Blooming genius ! :wicked:

Cheers Pat

I am impervious to blackmail!!! Unless the price is right...

Seriously, 2 kits is madness... 3 kits, and men in white lab coats will come and take me away...

Nice try, Mephisto!

JR

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jean said:

I am impervious to blackmail!!! Unless the price is right...

Seriously, 2 kits is madness... 3 kits, and men in white lab coats will come and take me away...

Nice try, Mephisto!

JR

.... and at four kits... Jean the magnificent will need to teach Mavis the Mongoose the classic art of Plastic Scale Modelling! 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Love le coq français on the fuselage there!

Hi Tony,

so do I! I will have to buy a second kit to have this proud coq on my shelf!

JR

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 8:17 PM, fightersweep said:

I like the idea of it as I don't see any rigging.

I had a scan through some pics of Google for that precise reason, indeed no rigging to be seen on any photograph of the 622.  A biplane without rigging! Living the dream!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

apologies for the silence! The build is moving forward, along with the finishing touches on my Bf 109 E-4 for the BoB GB.

Unfortunately, as my phone was stolen, I have been unable to take any photos to show the progress.

I am nonetheless working on a cunning plan.

Cheers.

JR

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great to hear from you JR

Will we be hearing that Karen's phone mysteriously disappears for times during the day now ?

Look forward to seeing the 622 here soon

Cheers Pat 

Hi Pat,

Karen must be the last person on Earth not to have a phone... She hates them. So no luck there.

But she has a nice camera, and although it is rather big, "borrowing" it is my only option. I shall be risking my life for bits of plastic... How does one spell abnegation?

Cheers Mate.

JR

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, jean said:

Unfortunately, as my phone was stolen.... 

That’s got Mongoose written all over it! I’d be setting up a cunning trap and interrogating the little bugger! 

• Haha 1

Hi all,

here are a few progress photos of the Nieuport 622 build.

Things have moved forward since they were taken, but without a phone or a decent camera, updates can only be scarce until I get a new phone.

It is a lovely little kit of an unusual inter-war fighter.

The cockpit has been jazzed up a tiny bit with the addition of styrene strips to replicate the structure. 

NiD 622 Photo 5

All the photos I have seen where a glimpse of the cockpit is possible, it has always been pretty dark inside. So I will stick to Humbrol 104, as I have no real idea how cockpits were painted in the early thirties in France.

Since the following photo was taken the cockpit has been painted and I am in the process of adding some safety belts.

It will be just right, considering nothing much will be visible once all is glued together.

NiD 622 Photo 6

On the right of the photo is the landing gear support and the funny little surface between the wheels.

I think I got the angles right... that will be interesting!

wing top and bottom glues together. The small holes drilled are to fit rings inside (to lift the wing from the plane?).

In addition the fuel tanks' air vents have been added (scratch) on the wings since the photo.

The thingie a the front is a gun camera. Some aircraft had as well an air turbine, but I am lacking good photos of that device, so may just decide this particular plane did not have one fitted...

NiD 622 Photo 7

On the wings' underside I have added the fuel tanks in adhesive aluminum and made up the fuel sedimentation units.

The wings will have to be painted and decals put in place before being attached to the fuselage.

NiD 622 Photo 8

As I said, things have moved on since these photos. Not sure when the next ones will be, but the build is going forward.

Thanks for watching.

JR

• Like 7