Lockheed EC121 Warning Star.

stevej60

14 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Evening folk's yes she's a size! wings and tail assembled and drying as you can see by the Spitfire how big she is.

Nice work Steve. I wish I was brave enough to tackle a big ship like a Connie. I like your choice of markings too :) It takes me back to my young days and getting around Davis-Monthan in the 70s and seeing many of these beauties. :)

Martin

• Like 1

Sorry folk's having to cull some of my projects this being one, the fuselage when it came time to join was a terrible fit the attempts to

get it right an patience finally wore out there's a host of other projects I'd rather get on with in this GB so for now she's boxed up.

• Sad 6

Best put it to one side if you’re not feeling good about this build Steve. You have nominated quite a few, so get some smaller ones under your belt and in the gallery. I’m sure things will pick up after that. 
Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Where's the picture in your avatar from? I know I saw it somewhere.

If I may...

The late, great Rik Mayall as the greatest air ace in the history of aviation, Lord Flashheart! WOOF!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Just read Rik Mayall’s Wiki page. I had no idea he passed away, that’s awful news. Great talent sorely missed. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Indeed a great talent, gone too soon. (He’s popular round these parts, also features in @JOCKNEY’s avatar. 😁)

14 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Just read Rik Mayall’s Wiki page. I had no idea he passed away, that’s awful news. Great talent sorely missed. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Insert joke about you Aussies being years behind  :lol: anyway good call Steve, know better than most on here to put something to one side is so much better than “to have a moment”

• Like 1

Steve and I swapped some great memories of Rik at the time he passed away, I've kept the avatar as a tribute ever since.

Pop it back in the box Steve, you have lots of other builds on the go including your recently arrived 108 so build something enjoyable, I believe that supposed to be the idea of a hobby !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Pop it back in the box Steve, you have lots of other builds on the go including your recently arrived 108 so build something enjoyable

That's what I've done Pat not really GB material when you plan a half dozen or so build's I'll re visit at a later date.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1