Sherman Firefly 1/35

Matt P

Just finished this Ryefield Sherman Firefly and I must say it is a superb model but very fiddly to build, especially with old fat fingers!  paint is Lifecolor with some very small amounts of oil weathering. depicted as  grenadier Guard Sherman Holland 1944. It will eventually form part of a larger diorama with a universal (bren) carrier, some crew and infantry hopefully :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

I do like a nice Firefly & yours certainly fits the bill.

Did you have any problems in particular with it as I'm in the market for another.

Pete

No real problems just very small parts for big hands. The tracks were a pain to assemble but other than that a great kit with excellent details. Used Life color acrylic for the first time and very impressed with it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Matt P said:

No real problems just very small parts for big hands. The tracks were a pain to assemble but other than that a great kit with excellent details. Used Life color acrylic for the first time and very impressed with it. 

I had the same problem with the tracks with my Dragon version, a right PITA.

Pete

Very neat.

I'd like to build one but the tracks put me right off. I wish they offered good quality 'rubber band' tracks in these hi-tech kits as well. Maybe something like the Dragon DS ones.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, IanC said:

Very neat.

I'd like to build one but the tracks put me right off. I wish they offered good quality 'rubber band' tracks in these hi-tech kits as well. Maybe something like the Dragon DS ones.

I must admit that the tracks and bogeys are extremely over-engineered on this, especially as it is essentially a static model. I too prefer the Tamiya style rubber band tracks that get muddied and weathered anyway. 83 separate track links each side, consisting of 4 parts each link isn't my idea of fun :(

• Like 1