I'm waiting for some brass Besa barrels for my Comet tank so there's a gap for a quick, simple build. A Jeep seems to suit the bill:

Jeep1

This is another of my small collection of Rubicon 1/56th scale kits. It's a wargaming miniature but nicely detailed.

The kit consists of one sprue of parts and individually bagged body and canvas top parts:

Jeep4

There's also a nice sprue of optional crew figures suitable clad for the Western Desert:

Jeep5

Usual Rubicon high quality instructions:

Jeep3

Generic decals:

Jeep6

Looks like fun. 

John

• Like 5

They're to go with the 'Bolt Action' rules. Around 'Games Workshop' scale and the rules seem similar, although I've never tried them. Airfix have a starter set out featuring US Airborne and German PanzerGrenadiers with an SDKFZ 251, aptly called 'Band of Brothers'.

Davey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more progress.

I noticed in numerous photos that desert Jeeps don't seem to carry tools on the driver's side, so I shaved them off:

Jeep9

They did, however, carry a lot of jerry cans so I raided the spares stock. I also replaced the gear stick with some Microrod for a better scale appearance:

Jeep10

They also carried 2 spare wheels rather than the one included in the kit. I bought the Rubicon MB-T / T3 Military Trailer, which provided the wheels and the towing hitch for the rear of the Jeep:

https://rubiconmodels.co.uk/products/us-jeep-mbt-t-3-military-trailer

Jeep11

Air filter added:

Jeep12

John

• Like 6

The "air filter" on the bumper is an oversize coolant expansion bottle.  This looks like a nice kit though the box art seems to show a NW Europe SAS jeep in Desert paint rather than a typical SAS/LRDG one.  Looks from the instructions like the typical guns are present, as you say a bit short on the Jerry cans and spare tyres!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sadly pressure of work has dug a big hole in my modelling time over the past couple of months and my little jeep remains info unfinished. 

I decided to rebuild the gun mount on the passenger to better represent the twin Vickers K mount, which probably didn't help with the timekeeping 🙄

I've recently acquired the Rubicon Chevvy truck, so a wee diorama might be on the cards. 

John 

• Thanks 1

Thanks John, these things happen this thread will stay opened but if you would like it moved to the military WIP please let me know.