Fruits of the lockdown

Nothing the least bit crummy about any of those. I think they're great. As a reminder, each of us builds to a standard we're comfortable with and that brings us satisfaction and that's perfectly acceptable. Your modeling skills actually surpass mine, but like you I have neither the "knack" or desire (or in my case the patience) to go for further detailing and I'm happy with the results of my work ... most of the time. What's funny is that my family members who don't build models think my finished pieces are incredible. When you get down to it, it's all a matter of perception. Keep on building. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Steve27752 said:

If they are crummy? Send them my way. I think they are very good.

Thanks. Just don't look too closely! 

3 hours ago, WildeSau75 said:

especially like the Swiss Mosquito - ok, I might be a bit biased 😉

Thank you. I must say that I'm pleased with the result, even though that's solely due to the eye-catching colour scheme! 

10 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Nothing the least bit crummy about any of those. I think they're great. As a reminder, each of us builds to a standard we're comfortable with and that brings us satisfaction and that's perfectly acceptable. Your modeling skills actually surpass mine, but like you I have neither the "knack" or desire (or in my case the patience) to go for further detailing and I'm happy with the results of my work ... most of the time. What's funny is that my family members who don't build models think my finished pieces are incredible. When you get down to it, it's all a matter of perception. Keep on building. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

What you say is true. I just feel slightly in awe of the people who go to town on the detailing and weathering, and end up with absolutely remarkable models as a result. Maybe one day...! 

6 hours ago, WildeSau75 said:

especially like the Swiss Mosquito - ok, I might be a bit biased 😉

I can offer a totally unbiased second to that ... I have absolutely no connection to Switzerland, never even been there (though I'd love to) ... and that Mossy is definitely a fine looking stand-out piece! 😀What a great scheme! I like the P51 too, always loved the half and half aluminium schemes rather than the full metal finish birds. 

• Like 1

I don't think they are crummy at all. Yes, some people do some pretty amazing models and I impressed by their skills. I model to suit me and I am generally happy with what I produce. Building kits is my hobby and I do it to a standard that gets stuff built and does not stress me. Don't sell yourself short, lots of others will do that if you let them (a lesson I wish I had learnt earlier in life) 

• Like 1