Recently Acquired Skills

Matthew1974

So, first off, not really sure where I should start this topic, so if it is in the wrong place I trust the moderator will move it and I apologize for any inconvenience.  

I was recently thinking about which skill I acquired over the past year that I am most pleased with.  I must say it is getting the hang of Vallejo Model Wash both as a filter and traditional panel line wash.

In a similar vein, I was considering what skill I would like most to acquire over the next year.  For me this would be the ability to properly airbrush World War Two mottled/field applied camouflage for German Luftwaffe/Heer and Italian Regia Aeronautica/Regio Esercito subjects.  

Just wondering where others thought they made a modeling "breakthrough" and where they hoped their next moment of revelation would be.

• Like 1

I've just started scribing panel lines - well, I had to once I'd got into Heller - and it's nowhere near as difficult as I imagined! I'd love to get to grips with airbrushing so I can do those "soft" camo schemes. Maybe I'll ask Santa for one.

• Like 1

I think I'm a 6 or 7 footer and would like to get that down to maybe 4 foot.

I think I have a handle on filling seems a little - I sure would like to be better at canopies and panel lines.