The Haunebu Resin Repulsor Drive Project - Beam me up, Scotty!

The inside of the Drill Hole has a rough surface wich is obviously not good for the transparency. But you can smoothen the surface by applying some drops of Liquid Cement. I used Mr. Cement Deluxe but any other liquid Cement should work as well.

Before Treatment;

spacer.png

After Treatment:

spacer.png

Edited by Reelyator
typo
  • Like 2

.....So here are the first pictures with UV/Blackligt LED´s. The LED on the Left is 3 mm, the right is 10 mm wide.

spacer.png

Cameras with their RGB Sensors are not fully capable to capture the wavelenght spectrum of fluorescent colours as the lay partially outside the colour Triangle of the sensor. These are the Turbines with pure yellow Pigment wich gives the most vibrant and brightest colour.

spacer.png

The Small Turbine on the left is with pure blue Pigment. In Reality the  Coulour and brightness gradient is not as extreme as on the picture. The Big Squadron Turbine is colured with a mixture of yello and orange. This colour really pops!

spacer.png

The Small Turbine on the left is with pure orange Pigment but in a very low concentration. This maintains the transparence of the resin. But it also allows to see avery single scratch and every little Air Bubble. The Big Squadron Turbine is a mixture of green and blue Pigment. Looks really sick🤢.

spacer.png

The last Picture is again with yello/orange (small Revell Turbine). The big Squadron Turbine is in pure blue, Obviously too much pigment but still a very dim but intense Tone.

spacer.png

...to be continued!

Edited by Reelyator
improved wording
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

I have been working on grinding, sanding and polishing scratches and mold lines on my turbines wich has turned out to be pretty time consuming.....

As i will only be able to process 1 Turbine each for my own projects i am thinking about offering the remaining Turbines for sale in the electronic bay. In case anybody here is interested, just drop me a message.

• 2 months later...

Back to modelling again after i spend some time over the last months working on the house, renovation, electronics and so on. The good part of it: after i moved my complete CD Collection into the attic i have some free shelfes with brand new LED Lighting just waiting for some completed Models.

After i polished the turbines i masked of the middle sections and gave them 2 coats of black primer for light blocking and one coat of gunmetal gray. Now i can remove the masking and then start with the weathering and detail painting.

spacer.png

...to be continued.

• Like 4

...thank you Guys!!!

So far i am happy with the outcome. But it would have been smarter if i paid more attention to the air bubbles PRIOR to painting.

spacer.png

But i guess it is never too late for some putty work....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Brilliant, just pure brilliance.....

.....wellllll...
A Cure for Cancer is something, that i would consider "Brilliant". This is just Paint on Plastic...not to upset Uncle Link😆!

But in any Case: Thank you guys for the feedback!!

Next step i will test fit the turbine into the preassembled Squadron bridge to see how the final configuration will look like with lighting.  But after that, the Haunebu Project will be put on pause for a while as i will focus on the completion of the ED-209 before i start another project.

Stay healthy!!

• 3 weeks later...

This gives a good impression how the wholes Scenery inside the Bridge can look like once finished, Figures, Chairs, walls and consoles are just for reference and are obviously not painted and finished yet.

spacer.png

• Like 1