LeO 45 help for my GB build .... in hope!

RidgeRunner

Hi chaps, 

Does anyone out there have detail images of the Pratt and Whitney installation on the LeO 453S, please? I’m struggling with this and my plans for the GB will gave to change if so can’t find anything ..,, :(.

Thanks .... in hope!

Martin

16 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I reckon C-47 cowls etc will work with a little modification.

I agree DC-3, PBY. Beaufort, or Sunderland props from an R-1830 powered variant will work.  I also think an A6M5 drop tank half cut appropriately or other suitable drop tank will get you the carb air intakes. Looks like DC-3 wheels have the same hub pattern. Going to do a Vichy gaily striped scheme, knowing how you like red on a model! :giggle:

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling

8 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I agree DC-3, PBY. Beaufort, or Sunderland props from an R-1830 powered variant will work.  I also think an A6M5 drop tank half cut appropriately or other suitable drop tank will get you the carb air intakes. Looks like DC-3 wheels have the same hub pattern. Going to do a Vichy gaily striled scheme, knowing how you like red on a model! :giggle:

Mike

Let me add that P-W engines on French airplanes were installed when Vichy state (and their neutrality strips) were past nightmare which nobody  like to remember about... ;)

Regards

J-W

6 minutes ago, JWM said:

Let me add that P-W engines on French airplanes were installed when Vichy state (and their neutrality strips) were past nightmare which nobody  like to remember about... ;)

Regards

J-W

Thanks Jerzy but there wont be any on my build. It is strictly post war.

Martin

• Like 1