Churchill AVRE

This has been ticking along in the background for a little while and is now done. Here is my spin on the Churchill IV(?) A.V.R.E tank in 1/76 using the venerable Matchbox kit and built OOB with some little enhancements.

20200926-222847.jpg

With kit of this vintage, their was always going to be some issues of fit and detail which were soon overcome. The only enhancement I done was to replace the handles on the rear deck but I'm sure their can be other refinements like towing cables, tools that can be done...on the next one maybe.

20200926-223053.jpg

Painted with AK Interactive paint. Kit decals held out well. Very lightly weathered with an oil wash.

20200926-223115.jpg

I wanted to depict the Churchill in its first roll using the SBG (small box girder) assault bridge. The assault bridge was designed to overcome the coastal sea walls (up to 12' high) and once that job was done, the bridge operating gear was ditched and it went into a support role.

20200926-223404.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Stuart

• Like 25

11 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Well you seem to be sneaking these little ones in there Stuart what a cracking job and love the diorama

Thanks matey. Having these little ones around fits nicely during work lunchtimes. The thing is, I've now got a queue for the home paint booth.

Stuart

• Haha 1

That's excellent. A really neat little scene.

But one small criticism - the bod in the turret looks a bit out of scale. I'd be tempted to replace him with a slimmer, smaller figure. 

• 1 month later...