Horizon Models ED-209 from Robocop (1987)

Agreed, Uncle Monty.

It's a real shame there was no social-commentary (or irony) at all in the lastest Robocop movie, just a rather heavy-handed re-hashing of the "man-versus-machine" argument. Still, that film was designed to appeal to 11-15 year old boys and suffered greatly as a result.

I don't think they'll ever beat the first Robocop movie. Paul Verhoeven, the director, was a boy during the Nazi-occupation of Holland and I reckon that had a big influence on the "anti-fascist" themes of some of his films.

Chris.    

• Like 2

On 28/09/2021 at 22:52, spruecutter96 said:

...I don't think they'll ever beat the first Robocop movie. Paul Verhoeven, the director, was a boy during the Nazi-occupation of Holland and I reckon that had a big influence on the "anti-fascist" themes of some of his films.   

...agree! Just look at Starship Troopers. The first part, not the crap that came after that. Too sad than no ship nor figure from this movie has made it´s way into the model building world. Just the Roger Young Resin Kit from Monsters in Motion (REALLY Bad Casting) and some extremely hard to find Warrior Bug Resin Kits.

• 3 weeks later...

Some lessons learned from working with the Custom Decals: Better apply SEVERAL Layers of Varnish over the Decals. Otherwise they will fall apart when you try to slide them off the carrier. 2 Layers are not enough, better take 4-5.

But finally i am pretty happy with the outcome.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

The Red Triangles on the Back are not from the Set of Custom Decals, They are from a general set of Gundam Warning Sign Decals. But for my taste close enough to the "Original" if you compare it to the Movie Screenshot below.

spacer.png

• Like 2