Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000C 1:32

mathy

The two external tanks with different paint schemes gives the model an additional realism. Such tank combinations are not uncommon but are seldom modeled. The cockpit is sensational and the overall build is wonderful. Nice to hear that you give the kit such high marks. 

2 minutes ago, Doc72 said:

Well done, really impressive.

I like the multi-hued paint job in particular. Did you start with a black base coat? 

Thanks!

I used a black base coat only for the right wing tank for the chipping.  The rest was done with a mid. grey paint.

• Like 1

Hi Mathias.

I've always thought that aircraft modellers we are way behind in achieving the realism that military vehicle models achieve. Obviously you are not part of the group. Your works are incredibly realistic.

I wonder how you get the paint weathered with such subtle and incredibly realistic dirt effects.
You have said to another forum member "The rest was done with a mid. grey paint." But I don't understand what you mean or the way you say you do it. Can you explain it please?

Andrés S.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

Hi Mathias.

I've always thought that aircraft modellers we are way behind in achieving the realism that military vehicle models achieve. Obviously you are not part of the group. Your works are incredibly realistic.

I wonder how you get the paint weathered with such subtle and incredibly realistic dirt effects.
You have said to another forum member "The rest was done with a mid. grey paint." But I don't understand what you mean or the way you say you do it. Can you explain it please?

Andrés S.

Thanks for the words Andres,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Weathering was done with different methods. I used oilcolors, postshading with Airbrush and AK pencils 

• Like 1

Hi Mathy,

your Mirage looks ace. The colour variations are looking great, giving the kit a "well used" look :goodjob: One question, what colours did you use for the camo as yours look spot on? French colours (especially for the Mirage 2000) don't seem to be readily available as the French use their own colour standard and no paint manufacturer yet seems to be interested doing them.

Thanks!

Cheers

Markus

3 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Hi Mathy,

your Mirage looks ace. The colour variations are looking great, giving the kit a "well used" look :goodjob: One question, what colours did you use for the camo as yours look spot on? French colours (especially for the Mirage 2000) don't seem to be readily available as the French use their own colour standard and no paint manufacturer yet seems to be interested doing them.

Thanks!

Cheers

Markus

Markus,

I think the best option for french Mirage 2000C are the HATAKE colors C037 Light Gost Grey and C027 Intermediate Blue. I used those ones out of the "Orange Line".

• Thanks 1