I signed up for this GB with the idea of something Vichy, maybe a carrier. 

I looked through my stash, looked at Hannants for decals and found the fantastic Xtradecal set X72161 - Battle of Malta RAF.

So, i start thinking  and come up with the idea of building Malta based aircraft! Now, my stash consists of (WARNING! EXTREME UNDERSTATEMENT!) one or two Bristol aircraft, and with the Airfix Beaufort on the way i thought i may build a Beaufort, Blenheim and Beaufighter.

So three Bristol's (No sniggering!) with a pair of Bristol's (Stop it!) each.

After purchasing said decals and also Xtradecal set X72319 - Bristol Beaufort Collection as i aim to build one or two (WARNING! EXTREME UNDERSTATEMENT!) i had to raid the stash.

So, one Beaufighter TF.10 and one Blenheim IV pulled from the stash:

50386436032_5faa1805c1.jpg

Xtradecal set X72161 has these two beauties on the sheet:

50385563353_de81b7b6af.jpg

Starting with my first pair of Bristol's (I can now see the level of humour in the room..) i shall be backdating the TF.10 to a Mk1C.

• Like 8

On 9/26/2020 at 5:36 PM, Muddyf said:

I signed up for this GB with the idea of something Vichy, maybe a carrier. 

I looked through my stash, looked at Hannants for decals and found the fantastic Xtradecal set X72161 - Battle of Malta RAF.

So, i start thinking  and come up with the idea of building Malta based aircraft! Now, my stash consists of (WARNING! EXTREME UNDERSTATEMENT!) one or two Bristol aircraft, and with the Airfix Beaufort on the way i thought i may build a Beaufort, Blenheim and Beaufighter.

So three Bristol's (No sniggering!) with a pair of Bristol's (Stop it!) each.

After purchasing said decals and also Xtradecal set X72319 - Bristol Beaufort Collection as i aim to build one or two (WARNING! EXTREME UNDERSTATEMENT!) i had to raid the stash.

So, one Beaufighter TF.10 and one Blenheim IV pulled from the stash:

50386436032_5faa1805c1.jpg

Xtradecal set X72161 has these two beauties on the sheet:

50385563353_de81b7b6af.jpg

Starting with my first pair of Bristol's (I can now see the level of humour in the room..) i shall be backdating the TF.10 to a Mk1C.

You're doing the same Blenheim as me, except I'm using Special Hobbie's Mk IVf as a basis, be in interesting to see how they compare?

Davey.

• Like 1