Revell 1:32 F/A-18E Super Hornet...........WIP

Starspell

OMG, had a complete 'brain-fart' last night. As I am nearly finished with this build I had a clear out in my shed last night (next in line is 1:72 ship nearly 1 meter long!). I had forgotten that I still had to build up 1 of the main landing wheels assys, which I just noticed/remembered as I went to put them on just now...........and I've thrown the 'used' sprues away! And to make matters worse it's bin day today which is why I cleared out last night, the bin men have already been this morning so I can get them back out of the bin!!!!! What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, with no alternative I am going to have to pull out the nose wheel and flaps etc and do her as an 'in-flight' model instead.............................unless someone just happens to have the parts in their cupboards unused as they did an inflight version and never used them?

So lesson learned. NEVER chuck stuff away until the model is 100% finished and on display............hard way to learn, but guess I won't be doing that again in a hurry.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Starspell said:

unless someone just happens to have the parts in their cupboards unused as they did an inflight version and never used them?

Sorry Steve. I can’t help you this time.

Jon

Steve. Don’t despair. You could try Revell. Their UK office is in Tring, not too far away from you. Number is 01296 660291 Address is unit 10, Old Airfield Ind Estate, Cheddington Lane, Tring. HP23 4QR.

The above phone is on the desk of Chloe Aplin. Assistant Sales UK & Ireland Customer Service. It might take 3 weeks or more to get the parts (they come from Germany) but they will supply what you need. I wanted a canopy for their 1/32 Tornado - got it in about 3 weeks through Chloe, if she’s not there anymore someone else will help I’m sure. Cheers for now. 

• Like 2

So I'm calling this one done for the moment, everything is on except the center line tank, undercarriage/doors), and the gun thingy for the nose (also on the way from Revell as was missing from the get go). can't put them on until the new parts come from Revell in 4/6 weeks (As @Old timer suggested, I gave Chloe a call and so now it's just a waiting game.

So this is 99.9% finished, until the bits arrive.

All in all, this kit was not the nightmare I was expecting from online reviews. Sure, it didn't just fall together like Tamiya, but nothing so major that a little care and clamps couldn't sort out. Also, there a couple of very good build logs in BM (@hugogo) that will show where the issues are, forewarned is forearmed as they say.

Hope you enjoy, comments and critique as always welcomed.

60.jpg
61.jpg
62.jpg
63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg
66.jpg
67.jpg
68.jpg
69.jpg
70.jpg
71.jpg