Patrouille de France. Magister.

stevej60

I’ve got two of these kits myself. A few years ago, my daughter mentioned that she wanted to start modelling so I decided to buy two identical kits - Hellers Magister was my choice. Sad to say, she dropped the idea as quickly as it entered her head, so perhaps nows the time to at least get one done. Good luck with this Steve, I’m sure it’ll look great once finished.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

• JeroenS changed the title to Patrouille de France. Magister.

Hi Steve,

a beautiful plane to look at and really fun to fly, and a great little kit!

You can only but have fun!

JR

• 1 month later...

Evening folk's progressing well I think judging by the decal quality the white area's will have to be painted so I plan to paint the wings.tail

and fuselage separately then assemble when painted,risky but better than trying to mask such a small kit.

20201104_195052

• Like 7

On 9/26/2020 at 5:23 PM, Wez said:

I always liked the Magister, it was the cream of the crop until the Special Hobby kits came out.

It's still a very nice kit. Heller must have been a bit miffed that Airfix issued a kit of this before Heller themselves did. I've built this kit just the once - the Patrouille de France version as well - and have six more in the stash (plus three Airfix, a kit that I've also built once before).

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Steve

Lovely cockpit detail mate, have you done any more to this one since we last heard from you ?

Cheers Pat 

Hi Pat afraid I've done no modelling for over a fortnight after testing positive for the dreaded Covid,I;ve sat at the bench but just can't get

motivated I've a build that needs to be done by December 13th but may well pick up this and the rest of the Heller builds after Christmas.

Both airfix and heller Magisters are enjoyable kits. But both need lots of filler/scribing.

PAdF is Airfix, BAF is the Heller kit you are building, but with Airfix decals:
(if you need spare Heller PAdF decals let me know..)

IMGP0033c

• Like 2