No 201 M.D 450 Ouragan 1 version 2 décorations +++ Finished +++

Jinxman

Just caught Ouragan #1 in the gallery. Wow! What a great build. Looks fantastic! Love the finish, colour scheme and the presentation. Very eye catching. I like the little clamps you're using. They look really handy. Where can I get some of those?

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2021 at 3:26 PM, fightersweep said:

Just caught Ouragan #1 in the gallery. Wow! What a great build. Looks fantastic! Love the finish, colour scheme and the presentation. Very eye catching. I like the little clamps you're using. They look really handy. Where can I get some of those?

Thanks for that - it came out ok in the end, I wish I had put a bit more time in at the start to progress the Toofani though.

The clamps came from MicroMark - https://www.micromark.com/Mini-Clamps-with-Vinyl-Grips-Set-of-5

Very useful as they apply a lot of pressure, which sometimes results in parts pinging off towards the carpet monster. 😃

Thanks! I'll give the clamps a look. Just had a bit ping off into the abyss. A aileron mass balance from a 109. Was trying to clean it up after removing it from the sprue and thought holding it on the cutting matt with the edge of my knife blade would be a good idea. Of course, I tiddly winked it into the next dimension. Should have known better really.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Thanks! I'll give the clamps a look. Just had a bit ping off into the abyss. A aileron mass balance from a 109. Was trying to clean it up after removing it from the sprue and thought holding it on the cutting matt with the edge of my knife blade would be a good idea. Of course, I tiddly winked it into the next dimension. Should have known better really.

It'll turn up when you've replaced it or scratched one - so all is not lost! 😀

• 3 weeks later...

Having realised the GB has been extended my KUTA GB entry got put back on the shelf in an attempt to get the Toofani done.

Tailplanes and tip-tank fins added, and hopefully the last rendering of Milliput rubbed down. Primed tonight with a bit of luck.

The details parts are progressing, and hopefully the canopy will be polished and possibly even masked tonight as well.

50911404713_aee89e16c3_c.jpg

50911404943_ba344b34fc_c.jpg

• Like 3

Another coat of primer, more rubbing down, and now the tip tanks and nose have some red on them. The only photo I can find of IC692 has a red nose, but this is not shown on the Heller painting guide. Canopy is buttoned up as well.

Black gloss on today - two coats hopefully, and it will sit over a radiator after the first one to get it to dry.

50921255803_206eba791e_c.jpg

• Like 2

I'm approaching Blitzbuild territory here, (at least for me), two coats of Humbrol 21 Gloss Black on today. I'll let it harden a touch over the radiator before getting a third coat on tonight, and then onto the Alclad tomorrow with a bit of luck. I'd normally micromesh between coats, but not got time for all that frippery! The flash on the camera goes straight through the finish - it's a little more opaque than it looks. 😉

50922695326_95341460cb_c.jpg

50922011758_b7a80f06d6_c.jpg

• Like 3

Third coat of black gave us this,

50924929153_a6cf2e9d6a_c.jpg

..and then onto the first coat of Alclad 119 - it's shiny! Now drying above the radiator - next coat in half an hour hopefully.

50924928913_c173b77073_c.jpg

• Like 4

Leaving it at two coats of Alclad - means I can push on. I'll start decaling later - how exciting!

Also means I can do a little weathering later on - it looks very shiny at the moment.

50926338192_cc719bdbbf_c.jpg

• Like 3

We got some decals - I followed the kit instructions, even though they seem a bit out on positioning, and there are bits missing. I borrowed the Hispano Suiza decal from Modeldecal sheet no. 68. The Scorpion will need a little attention and detailing as it looks simplified when compared against the original. 

50927613982_2a4c64e5f3_c.jpg

Decalling is done, masking is off the canopy, a faint wash has gone into the flying surfaces, and back later to mask up for some panel variation where it looks appropriate. A little bit of touching up to do around the canopy, and I might even get the intake silvered up. 😀 Hoping for a coat of Aqua coat gloss in the morning all being well.

50930173167_3919c5da0e_c.jpg

• Like 3

She had a coat of Klear last night - didn't help much with the decal film so it might have another couple later on. She's on her legs and the intake pitot is part fitted - time for a cuppa and then some panels to add in a different shade of silver I think.

50931761716_325884e859_c.jpg

• Like 1

Ploughing on, adding bits and pieces on now. Will give it a tidy up and then get some Tamiya Smoke on for some variation in tone - might be in the gallery tomorrow. 😀

50932786771_80a64bc6b7_c.jpg

50932785931_a20c9089ab_c.jpg

• Like 5

• Jinxman changed the title to No 201 M.D 450 Ouragan 1 version 2 décorations +++ Finished +++