No 201 M.D 450 Ouragan 1 version 2 décorations +++ Finished +++

Jinxman

Thanks for the encouragement - I feel like it's moving forward again now. 😀

The Ouragan has the canopy on, and has had a couple of light applications of filler and another dark coat to indicate where further work is needed. I've applied a mask to the base to allow the Ouragan flash to be applied, and I just need to prepare the Ouragan lettering that will go over it in black - hopefully it will look smart. I'll leave the drilling & gluing of the acrylic rod until the spraying is completed.

50579637396_b85b1936da_c.jpg

I have followed a different construction method with the Toofani - the gun pack & front u/c insert has been glued first. The intake fairing is loose here, but it is now quite a snug fit, and there is enough plastic around it to make sure it is correctly aligned, (unlike the Ouragan, which is slightly off-centre, 😒). 

50579637286_cd3eff82e5_c.jpg

Also getting the feeling that the Israeli Ouragan may be a kit too far - the KUTA GB is already calling....:violin:

• Like 3

Thanks Martin,

A bit more progress - the Ouragan has had its first shot of blue - I used Humbrol 15 enamel, unashamedly copying @stevej60 's idea of using the blue as an undercoat for the NMF. Didn't thin it enough for the conditions yesterday, so sprayed with a little bit too much pressure, and so the finish is a very nice orange peel. It had to be micro meshed before the next coat anyway. 😀 There are also a couple of bits which need more attention/filler.

50608152883_697f56afff_c.jpg

50608152818_bca6b716f9_c.jpg

The Toofani has the nose bits glued in, and most of the detail parts will have a shot of Revell Matt 9 later on. The canopy needs polishing before it gets masked - my favourite job. 😒

50609014267_141f6a9aec_c.jpg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks for the tip regarding the nose splitter plate alignment. Will have to remember that one. Looking great, keep going. 

No worries, and thanks. I'll be boxing in the front u/c bay in a moment - it's a bit 'gappy' as presented with the kit parts.

The intake splitter fits very well on the top surface, and there is a retainer at the rear on the stbd side as well - the gap seems to be on the bottom, though it might just be me? I'll also drill some holes in the leading edge of the splitter now it's in situ for the pitot and tubes.

• Like 1

A good slathering of Games Workshop filler starts the front u/c bay boxing in - not strictly correct, but I'll add a few detail bits in there to busy it up once I am happy with the filling.

I think I'll rescribe the surface detail on the Toofani, as a contrast to the Ouragan where the raised lines have been retained.

50616851656_4d79b86f3f_c.jpg

• Like 1

Having let life get in the way, I got back to this today - I overcompensated with too much thinner this time, so it went on a little hot, and there is a bit of crazing here and there. A couple of days drying and  the micromesh will sort it out. Time to move these builds on I reckon. :boxing:

50642592481_e3aa242f91_c.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

These are coming along a treat, not a kits I've built before so really enjoying seeing you bring these to life.

Thanks Pat,

My head's been a shed the last week or so, and I seem to be making things a bit difficult for myself with these - they are basically sound little kits.

I'm hoping the next couple of weeks will see them well on the way to being fettled. 😀

• Like 1

• Jinxman changed the title to No 201 M.D 450 Ouragan 1 version 2 décorations
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone said six weeks to the end of this GB - where did that go!?

Anyhows, an update to convince myself there has been progress. ☺️

The Ouragan needs another coat of blue on the tip tanks and tail before the decalling starts. The stand ended up having a decal made for it as I couldn't cut out the logo successfully - it needs a bit of attention and then a glossing before it will be presentable.

50717668373_4c55b5db09_c.jpg

..and the Toofani moves along - the detail pieces are awaiting for some silver in the gun, whilst the airframe comes together. The canopy needs a polish & then some masking. It hasn't fit together quite so well as the older moulding in some places, or maybe it was me? 

50718405761_a3fdace196_c.jpg

50717668188_9eefb52cea_c.jpg

50718405696_c21051571d_c.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

And an update. Got most of the decals on the blue bits - they don't match any of the photos of I have of the Ouragan with the PdF, however. A small amount of making good is required, and her she is on the stand, (which needs tidying up). Once she is tidied up a quick squirt of silver should help. Might just get her done in time, though the Toofani may have to slide seamlessly into the KUTA GB.

50835532667_5847b599f4_c.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Jinxman,

this looks incredibly smart, including the Ouragan sign! Are you a sign writer by any chance?

This will look superb when you are finished! I am not a great fan of the Toofani, but I am sure it will be equally impressive.

Great show!!!

JR

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jean said:

this looks incredibly smart, including the Ouragan sign! Are you a sign writer by any chance?

I have to admit that I am not - my practice attempts bore no fruit. 😔

Fortunately the internet came to my rescue, and I found the logo in a format that I could print a decal from, the red flash I had already painted proving a suitable background for the pesky red colour on the decal. 🙂

13 hours ago, Jinxman said:

I have to admit that I am not - my practice attempts bore no fruit. 😔

Fortunately the internet came to my rescue, and I found the logo in a format that I could print a decal from, the red flash I had already painted proving a suitable background for the pesky red colour on the decal. 🙂

What a cunning plan....

Machiavelli still do exist. How refreshing to know I am not the only one left!

Great Ouragan!

JR

• Haha 2

A squirt of Alclad 116 on the Ouragan - it looks ok, hopefully give it a quick scuff over later, and get another coat on tonight.

50845952422_a481b51d9d_c.jpg

The Toofani is being refined, for some reason it didn't fit together as well as the earlier issue kit - must have been me. It'll get a shot of Halford's primer later, and if the Alclad is out again I'll coat up some of the smaller parts, hopefully.

50845868691_ed985792ee_c.jpg

• Like 3

Another coat of Alclad on the Ouragan - this time 119, and one more coat should suffice I think.

50847814173_6c084169ec_c.jpg

50848626347_a65a4d4d32_c.jpg

The Toofani has come out ok, all that filing was worth it, and the detail parts look better for their first coat of Alclad as well.

50847814883_73f7aae057_c.jpg50848626617_74416daa1f_c.jpg

50847814023_12c58e4448_c.jpg

• Like 2

It's turned into something of a Blitzbuild to get the Ouragan done before the world and life takes over. Not as much attention to finishing it off as I would have liked, and parts of it are rushed, but it looks like an Ouragan. 😀

50851435468_5777681a54_b.jpg

The Toofani will sit on the shelf of doom for a while - it can then get the attention it deserves.

50852251537_eec0419c0a_c.jpg

• Like 2