Not another Sherman.....1/35 Meng M4A3 76W

10 hours ago, Andy J said:

I managed to get the time down to about 45 mins per block of 11 from start to finish a real PIA imo. As for the duck bills well they need to be fitted with the tracks in place which throws up more problems to deal with 🙄. One things for sure i doubt if I'll ever build these tracks again way to time consuming imo and tbh I don't think they are that strong when completed. Keep going mate the end is nigh 🙂👍

45 min sounds about right, ask me how I know...:wall:

I've used a combo of meng supplied wire and left over fruil wire and the results being........

The Meng wired ones go together quicker but do feel a lot more fragile the Fruil steel wire takes more effort but is more robust.

Anyway,  Andy can I enquire how many track links or ar least lengths did you use for one track by my reckoning it'll be just over 7 lengths of track per side, completed 11 so far so probably 3 more to go then a few odd ones to get the length right.

Cheers bud 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

45 min sounds about right, ask me how I know...:wall:

I've used a combo of meng supplied wire and left over fruil wire and the results being........

The Meng wired ones go together quicker but do feel a lot more fragile the Fruil steel wire takes more effort but is more robust.

Anyway,  Andy can I enquire how many track links or ar least lengths did you use for one track by my reckoning it'll be just over 7 lengths of track per side, completed 11 so far so probably 3 more to go then a few odd ones to get the length right.

Cheers bud 

Yep 7 blocks of 11 each side plus 2 links will give you the recommended 79 links per side. So 14 blocks of 11 plus 4 extra links in total 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, vaoinas said:

It couldn't be that bad...

One could take it as a meditative activity of some sort, listening some podcast or audiobook at the same time.

You aren't far off!

I'm almost done assembling the short lengths, then connect them together to form two full lengths and then.....the dbs...

But yes, radio/podcasts etc etc, nearly done though!

Once tracks done I can fit them and get on with the weathering and finishing!

Cheers

• Like 1