Not another Sherman.....1/35 Meng M4A3 76W

Jasper dog

Just now, Jasper dog said:

Excellent thats what i like to hear, as it's not me doing them....๐Ÿ˜‰

Can't be worse than the Meng ones!

The Tamiya E8 is one of theirย best....and rubber bands...๐Ÿ˜‰

Meh.....rubber bands.....kiddies stuff....I like a challenge.....could always get fruils ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Meh.....rubber bands.....kiddies stuff....I like a challenge.....could always get fruils ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

That's what I like to hear! ๐Ÿ‘

Read aย great suggestion piece/how too guide by @Badderย on BM about assembling Fruils and never looked back. (If I knew how to find and repost I would!)

ย 

Wouldn't mind the Meng Jumbo but no way am I doing those tracks again!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

That's what I like to hear! ๐Ÿ‘

Read aย great suggestion piece/how too guide by @Badderย on BM about assembling Fruils and never looked back. (If I knew how to find and repost I would!)

ย 

Wouldn't mind the Meng Jumbo but no way am I doing those tracks again!!!

I almost got the Meng Jumbo Darryl I was just one click away and then I started to suffer flashbacks ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ™„

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I almost got the Meng Jumbo Darryl I was just one click away and then I started to suffer flashbacks ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ™„

Yeah, looks nice but really....

Think Lee @Longbowย bought it, I did then mention the tracks, haven't seen it on his bench yet, not suggesting he's scared of it but....๐Ÿ˜‰

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Think Lee @Longbowย bought it, I did then mention the tracks, haven't seen it on his bench yet, not suggesting he's scared of it but....๐Ÿ˜‰

He's probably out chopping up some timber for wooden track pins ๐Ÿคญ

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Tell you what did scare me.... The Miniart T34 85 !!

ย 

Talk about a lot of parts !!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Longbow said:

Tell you what did scare me.... The Miniart T34 85 !!

ย 

Talk about a lot of parts !!

Only have one Miniart kit, the Su 85, thankfully without interior and that looks bad enough, at least that was the impression last time I opened the box!

ย 

Not sure why but ifย doing a T34 think I'd be more inclined towards a 76..

• Like 1

Well, it'sย still raining but we are feet dry and its supposed to stop later tonight so ๐Ÿคž.

ย 

Ventured to the bench and drowned out the hammering of the rain by turningย up the musical accompaniment. If interested it wasย a four piece musical combo, possibly new and a little modern for some tastes but went by theย nameย of Fleetwood Mac, sound about right?

Is this what is called drill music??

ย 

Just to please the correctionalist element the metal track pads have been replaced with rubber:

spacer.png

Not that much of the rubber effect is visible anymore...

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

Save the tow cable essentially complete.

Stowage has been primed in preparation for paint and I've ordered some nice resin figures to populate the build....

No sooner had I ordered the figures than i found these little chumps cowering at the back of the stash....

spacer.png

At least I've no shortage of figures now!

ย 

Thanks for looking.

Darrylย 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Well, it'sย still raining but we are feet dry and its supposed to stop later tonight so ๐Ÿคž.

ย 

Ventured to the bench and drowned out the hammering of the rain by turningย up the musical accompaniment. If interested it wasย a four piece musical combo, possibly new and a little modern for some tastes but went by theย nameย of Fleetwood Mac, sound about right?

Is this what is called drill music??

ย 

Just to please the correctionalist element the metal track pads have been replaced with rubber:

spacer.png

Not that much of the rubber effect is visible anymore...

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

Save the tow cable essentially complete.

Stowage has been primed in preparation for paint and I've ordered some nice resin figures to populate the build....

No sooner had I ordered the figures than i found these little chumps cowering at the back of the stash....

spacer.png

At least I've no shortage of figures now!

ย 

Thanks for looking.

Darrylย 

Nice work Darryl this looks excellent to me ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘

• Thanks 1

Rather tasty that mateย :thumbsup:ย 

ย 

just one observation if I may mate, the inside of the hatches would of been OD rather than white. Open white hatches are a real tell to overflying aircraft and would really give away the location very easily. I doubt that they would of been whitewashed.ย 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Andy J said:

Nice work Darryl this looks excellent to me ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Perfect, as is your Sherman. Nice work mate.

ย 

John.

ย 

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

Lovely work, Darryl !! Looks the part !!

Thanks chaps, appreciated, glad it meets with approval! ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Rather tasty that mateย :thumbsup:ย 

ย 

just one observation if I may mate, the inside of the hatches would of been OD rather than white. Open white hatches are a real tell to overflying aircraft and would really give away the location very easily. I doubt that they would of been whitewashed.ย 

Thanks Dan, makes sense,ย think i foolishly just followed Mengs recommendation, should have known better....

ย 

Sure it can be remedied.ย 

ย 

Really want to get this finished prior to the Pzr III build starting in Feb and I've a bunch of little fellas to paint!

• Like 2

Pushing on here;ย stowage painted and positioned,ย no it isn'tย tied down before anything is said!๐Ÿ˜‰

Tow cable is painted and added as is the commanders spot lamp.

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

Started with the first figure, the driver (Tamiya), the alpine ones haven't arrived yet..

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Darrylย 

• Like 10

Still cracking the wip....

Endeavoring to keep bases to a minimum I've cut up a sheet of hardboard to makeย one. Little groundwork created with cheap homebargins filler, even though I "planted " the M4 into the soft filler it still looks as if its sat on it rather than in it but never mind with a little creativity I'm sure it can be overcome....

spacer.png

ย 

Royal mail delivered a bunch of figures today so they can potentially accompany the Tamiya chap that will be in the drivers position.ย 

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

Thanks for lookingย 

Darrylย 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Darryl,

ย 

Just had a read back through the entire thread and excellent work all round mate! ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Regards,

ย 

Steve

Thanks mate, good toย hear from youย hope alls well.

ย 

Cheersย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Looks great Darryl just don't forget to add the poor fellas head or your Sherman will be going round in circles ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‘ย 

Well said, almost forgot.....๐Ÿ˜‰

You've heard of the headless horseman?

ย 

ย Cheers bud.

• Haha 1

Working on Alpine Al....not great by any means but practice makes ..... for slight improvement..๐Ÿค”

ย 

Work in progress,ย  ignore the two heads either side thought to do a few figures at the same time..

spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

Basics painted, the uniform and jacket are different shades of US O/D but unfortunately difficult to see in the photos. Still needs patches and rank insignia decals yet, pinched from the Tamiya set, the one the driver comes from.

ย 

The base has been sprayed black and received a coat of wet mud prior to further attention.... TBC.

ย 

Thanks for lookingย 

Darrylย 

ย 

• Like 10

Well I think I'm going to call this one done..... yes honestly it's only been on-off since last Sept!

ย 

ย 

Stowage tied down with some brilliant silk bead thread, thanks Brad @M3talpigย for the suggestion ages ago.ย 

Commander and driver done, not well but done, I knew the driver had issues when the wife said he looked as if he'd just accidentally sat down on something pointed....

Tamiya figure is great but next time replace the head with a resin one, on a good note the decals performed brilliantly so I pinched some for the Alpine commander.

ย 

Base is small, simple and compact justย gives a little context for the M4.

The snow is from the Peco railway scenic range, not overly impressive and should have stuck with the AK range of products....live and learn!

ย 

spacer.png

Figures

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

Moving this over to RFI with a few more pics, not something I get to say very often...

ย 

Thanks for lookingย 

Darrylย 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

Nice work Darryl looks great ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘ย 

ย 

4 hours ago, vytautas said:

First class job!ย ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Vytautas

ย 

2 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

This is fantastic ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Top job!

ย 

Cheers,

Nenad

Thanks fellas really appreciate the comments,ย very kind!

ย 

Cheers

Darrylย