Not another Sherman.....1/35 Meng M4A3 76W

Jasper dog

3 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

And we do this for fun?😧

Wayne

Fun......no one told me this passed for fun....were did it all go wrong....

3 hours ago, Andy J said:

Soul destroying is more like it 🙄

Joking aside,  it's not that bad, just a chore....

3 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Character building :frantic:

Jeeez, do we really need any more "characters" around here!

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

Builds moral fiber ;)

More fibre.......!

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

Jeez your posting a lot on here today you'll be building armour models next 😉👍

Ssssssh you frighten Lee off again with talk like that!

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

Well... I just cracked the box, and mine comes with rubber band tracks already. 

spacer.png

Do you mind closing that box please, or at least rearrange the sprues, I can see something unfortunate and I'm having flashbacks!

I wonder if the Asuka rubber bands are available elsewhere....which Asuka Sherman kit are they supplied with?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Darryl, those tracks come with both the 76 and the Firefly kits. 

Well......soon as I read that dashed off to check!

Alas I've the original Tasca boxing of the Firefly and only comes with the standard (T62?) rubber bands, no DBs, dash and blast!

I guess when Asuka reboxed it they must have added them!

Thanks anyway mate.

• Like 1

Still adding DBs so I won't bother with a pic by pic account of such, instead...

An impulse purchase, not sure why but it was cheap 2nd hand. 

spacer.png

Should stop imagining what it could look like... Heavily weathered in Berlin 1945 or another winter white wash job.... (Yes I know, it never went into production and only about two were made but..... just think in the ruins of Berlin, over open sites...)

Imagination can get expensive...

Atb

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Longbow said:

I Like it !!

Great idea too.

Thanks mate, this imagination lark can get expensive!

Just looks cool in a weird way, apparently when fired the recoil was so vicious it would eject it's own crew injuring them in the process.

As someone said "the tank is designed to hurt people and it's not fussy who!"

Cheers

• Haha 2

The day I thought would never come final has.....

No not a deal on fishing, but......

spacer.png

Two assembled track runs complete with DBs

Not only that but....

spacer.png

Already had initial paint work.....

They can be completed after all!

Cheers

Darryl 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

They can be completed after all!

Albeit with three pads around the wrong way though eh.............you lazy lazy b------------ :D good to see progress though ...was wondering if this would end up on the shelf of DOOOOOOM at one point.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, M3talpig said:

Albeit with three pads around the wrong way though eh.............you lazy lazy b------------ :D good to see progress though ...was wondering if this would end up on the shelf of DOOOOOOM at one point.

Well done Hawkeye, I missed that completely. I'm guessing that that will end up underneath in some deep mud?

John.

• Like 1

Well done Darryl but I have a confession to make, I'm not fitting mine mate I've spent enough of my life fannying around with them tracks and I want to move forward to my next build ASAP 🙂👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

Knew I should have never rattled your cage!

I don't do shelves of doom.......just slow lanes!

(Tell a lie, I've an afv club Valentine that I fell out with, no idea what I'll do with it....)

Anyhow the miscreant track you delighted in pointing out is the first run I fell out with and glued up solid.... Suffice to say, as John said, it's been arranged to go on the bottom and no-one will know....capiche!

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Well done Darryl but I have a confession to make, I'm not fitting mine mate I've spent enough of my life fannying around with them tracks and I want to move forward to my next build ASAP 🙂👍

Cheers mate, don't blame you but....sometimes one refuses to be beaten by a weedy bunch inanimate plastic!

How pathetic would that be...beaten by little bits of plastic!

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Well done Hawkeye, I missed that completely. I'm guessing that that will end up underneath in some deep mud?

John.

Sure will..👍

Cheers chaps

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Knew I should have never rattled your cage!

I don't do shelves of doom.......just slow lanes!

(Tell a lie, I've an afv club Valentine that I fell out with, no idea what I'll do with it....)

Anyhow the miscreant track you delighted in pointing out is the first run I fell out with and glued up solid.... Suffice to say, as John said, it's been arranged to go on the bottom and no-one will know....capiche!

Cheers mate, don't blame you but....sometimes one refuses to be beaten by a weedy bunch inanimate plastic!

How pathetic would that be...beaten by little bits of plastic!

Sure will..👍

Cheers chaps

Couldn't care less i ain't fitting the duck bills...........anyway my Sherman would have never been allowed to get dirty and no way would it have been driven through a muddy field.......my Sherman was the lesser known tarmac and cobbled terrain version no need for duck bills 😉👍

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Couldn't care less i ain't fitting the duck bills...........anyway my Sherman would have never been allowed to get dirty and no way would it have been driven through a muddy field.......my Sherman was the lesser known tarmac and cobbled terrain version no need for duck bills 😉👍

Don't blame you, I might have said before but next one is getting rubber bands!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Longbow said:

So, am I right in thinking that the duck bills just glue straight to the end connectors ?

Couldn't tell ya Lee cus i ain't fitting them 🙂

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Longbow said:

So, am I right in thinking that the duck bills just glue straight to the end connectors ?

Sure do, pretty much a butt joint I suspect some will drop off but thats ok as in reality they lost a few...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

Sure do, pretty much a but joint I suspect some will drop off but thats ok as in reality they lost a few...

There will be none falling off mine 🙂

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Andy J said:

Couldn't care less i ain't fitting the duck bills...........anyway my Sherman would have never been allowed to get dirty and no way would it have been driven through a muddy field.......my Sherman was the lesser known tarmac and cobbled terrain version no need for duck bills

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

Couldn't tell ya Lee cus i ain't fitting them

You huge pussy...........fit the duckbills and stop messin about......what is this amature hour  :D....bloomin hell i'm away for five blinkin minutes and you lot are acting like your afraid of plastic....this is not the attitude that won the war or kicked the Germans out of the French deck chairs on there over extended holiday in France. Stiff British upper lip sir that's what's needed here.......and furthermore do you realise how many ducks the Allies had to kill for all those extensions ...all so you don't sink in the mud .......you ungrateful b------------ 

Rant over ...............i feel so much better now :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, M3talpig said:

You huge pussy...........fit the duckbills and stop messin about......what is this amature hour  :D....bloomin hell i'm away for five blinkin minutes and you lot are acting like your afraid of plastic....this is not the attitude that won the war or kicked the Germans out of the French deck chairs on there over extended holiday in France. Stiff British upper lip sir that's what's needed here.......and furthermore do you realise how many ducks the Allies had to kill for all those extensions ...all so you don't sink in the mud .......you ungrateful b------------ 

My references show that this Sherman never had duckbills fitted something to do with the RSPB 🤔

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, M3talpig said:

and furthermore do you realise how many ducks the Allies had to kill for all those extensions ...all so you don't sink in the mud .......

Yeah but so worth it.... bill-less duck roasted with a cherry sauce, nice crispy skin.....

Makes me wish I hadn't picked a gammon joint out for dinner tonight!

7 hours ago, M3talpig said:

You huge pussy...........fit the duckbills and stop messin about......what is this amature hour  :D....bloomin hell i'm away for five blinkin minutes and you lot are acting like your afraid of plastic....this is not the attitude that won the war or kicked the Germans out of the French deck chairs on there over extended holiday in France. Stiff British upper lip sir that's what's needed here..

you ungrateful b------------ 

Well said Sir, I tried to rally the rabble but it's like hearding cats!

Perhaps needed to crack the wip more rather than the softly nurturing approach....

Lee's took an extended sabbatical and only just returned with his Panther and Andy's been having a few issues and might have dropped his rattle out of the pram!

Good to have you back......now I hope you've given Ursula a good seeing too and she's close to getting her war paint on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Darryl,

Although not to your total taste, it is not bad at all, as you say you can surely modulate it so that you feel more comfortable with the result ...
Cheers, MC and TC
Francis.

Hi Francis, very kind of you.

Nice to hear from you, hope all's well and you're having a safe and enjoyable Christmas. 

Take care and all the best for the new year.

Darryl 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Francis, very kind of you.

Nice to hear from you, hope all's well and you're having a safe and enjoyable Christmas. 

Take care and all the best for the new year.

Darryl 

Hi Darryl,
Many thanks for your kind wishes, I am rejoining the forum little by little, and I hope to join the hobby soon, after a sad event.
I have some finished models, in the absence of taking photos, which I will be uploading to the forum soon, although unfortunately, I do not have WIPs, because I lost everything I had, as I mentioned in my last RTI (SU-100 1/35 DRAGON).

All the best for you and yours.
Cheers, MC and TC
Francis.

• Thanks 1

A little progression on the M4, tracks painted and brushed over with Mig Gun Metal pigment. Now ready to fit, once suspension units fitted anyway..

spacer.png

spacer.png

The mig pigment is great btw!

Once fitted the weathering can commence..

Speaking of weathering, prior to fitting suspension slapped a bit of mud etc around the lower hull..

spacer.png

spacer.png

So far this ak Vallejo thick mud and ak splatter effects wet mud.

How much of this will be seen once everything fitted is debatable but it's done.. 

And yes, I used the hull bottom to test various hairspray techniques on!

Hope the next update wont be so late coming....note I said hoped...

Thanks for looking

Darryl 

• Like 3