Heller model Ships

JOCKNEY

Heller were as you know the makers of a significant number and variety of maritime kits, but rarely do you see these being built.

There is now an opportunity here on Britmodeller to right that wrong.

In the Group Build section link below, we are holding a Classic Heller Group Build, an opportunity to celebrate Hellers kits and more importantly build that Heller Maritime kit that has been in the stash for ages.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/705-heller-classic-gb/

With nearly a quarter of the eligible kits, that's over 80 by the way, there is no shortage of choice.

If you haven't taken part in a Group Build before I would encourage you to give it a look, it's really enjoyable with lots of encouragement and support from the other participants.

Maritime models have always under represented on Group Builds so this is an opportunity to show what people have been missing.

Kind regards Pat 

• Thanks 1

I have a very fond memory of building Jeanne D'Arc in the mid 1970s and thinking to myself it was very clunky even then basing it on Airfix 1/600 standards!.  I'd love to have a go at her again and do justice to her but sadly I have no Heller kits left in the stash.

Thanks Graham,

Since putting this up I've actually had a couple of kind offers.  To be honest, although I would love to join, I've got so much else going on at the moment that I wouldn't have time to do it justice.

Best rgds

• 4 months later...

I have build a lot of Heller Ship kits:

MN Oiler La Seine

KM Destroyer Z31

KM Scharnhorst

KM Heavy Cruiser Admiral Hipper

KM Minesweeper

KM Schnellboot S100

KM Torpedoboot

KM Admiral Scheer

KM Graf Spee ( building as Admiral Scheer prior to 1940

Remorquer Jean Bart (1: 200 Scale)

They some issues: The deck planking has raised lines like on the old aircraft kits

and the smaller details are often simple and chunky.

But i like them because the general look is very good,