Nord Noratlas

zebra

3 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

I like it, she looks a bit semilar to the Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar, right?

Thanks - yes very similar to the C-119, I think the main differences are that the C-119 is a little bigger and has the square section to the fuselage pod which looks to me like it would be better suited to bulky cargo.

• Like 2

Got the gelboliv on today. Funny how the finish from the two colours is completely different despite being the same brand (AK Real Colour) - the gelboliv is very, very matt while the basaltgrau is a nice semi-gloss. I think I'll give it a gloss clear coat before I mask it for the underside colour.

Noratlas WIP

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Got some decals on the other day. Worst silvering I've seen in a long, long time. My own fault - gloss finish wasn't good enough. Can probably be saved, but it killed my enthusiasm for this model, for now at least. I'll come back to it and try and fix it, but for now I've moved on.

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Zebra

Can you be persuaded to return to finish your Nord Noratlas ?

You were soooo close to being finished, and with the GB having been given an extra 2 weeks, it would be brilliant if you could give this one another try.

Cheers Pat 

14 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Zebra

Can you be persuaded to return to finish your Nord Noratlas ?

You were soooo close to being finished, and with the GB having been given an extra 2 weeks, it would be brilliant if you could give this one another try.

Cheers Pat 

Yes I probably can. I’m away for a couple of weeks at the moment but will get back to it. The extra 2 weeks helps!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @zebra

How is the Noratlas doing since we last heard from you, the gallery really needs one of these in it.....

No pressure but :wink:

Cheers Pat 

Been busy with other things but it'll get a bit of attention this week. Public holiday on Tuesday with rain forecast, sounds like a good day to get some modelling done!

• Like 1

Love the colours on that Noratlas! Great work so far and hope this one makes it into the gallery. I'm also another one of those now tempted by unloved Noratlas kits on eBay.

I saw the comparisons to the C-119 above, but for some reason, I see a lot of Arado 232 when I look at the Noratlas.

Steve

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 9:53 AM, JOCKNEY said:

and with the GB having been given an extra 2 weeks,

Hi Pat, 

So is it the 07th or the 21st? If its the latter I stand a chance of gettingthe LeO done :)

Martin

2 hours ago, fightersweep said:

@RidgeRunner

I think it's the 7th as originally it should have closed yesterday. Could be wrong though. The 21st would be even better though.

We could ask @Wez to ask @Enzo Matrix for an extension to the extension.......

Could mean a shed load ( engineering unit of measurement ) more completed builds if we were to get another extension, just saying :pray:

Cheers Pat