1/48 Mirage IV (80493)

Arniec

Hi Guys,

I will be building the 1/48 Mirage IV. It is a re-box from the 90s. I have got a new resin cockpit, exhausts and wheels for it and also a few new decals.

I will be put on some pictures later. I first need to finish the Heinkel He-111 STGB, before I can start this.

Cheers,

• Like 5

This will be good! A big, brute of a plane that has a certain grace to it at the same time.

Apparently the RAF nearly ended up with a version during the fallout from the TSR2/F111 saga. That would have been interesting and a possible 'What If' subject.

• Like 1

This GB just gets better each time I take another look. The big Mirage IV will be a sensational addition Arnold, cannot wait to see the kits photos and this WIP progress. Welcome to the GB and best of luck. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I hope I can finish her on time.

Here are the pictures of what is in the box.

The box art.

IMG_5077

The naked plastic.

IMG_5078

the decals

IMG_5079 IMG_5080

And the extra goodies for it. I forgot to mention the metal landing gear and the tanking probe.

IMG_5081

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 9

Arnold,

It's an awesome big beastie of a kit, I'm very pleased to see it appearing here.  If it's anything like its 1/72nd sister, that upper spine is very prone to flexing and needs some internal support.

I think with all the extra goodies you have there, you have the makings of a truly impressive model there.

Welcome and good luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ale85 said:

I have the same kit in my stash. I will follow your wip and take notes

ciao

Ale

Why not build it in tandem with Arnold on here, so you can both motivate each other as you go? 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 12:14 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Why not build it in tandem with Arnold on here, so you can both motivate each other as you go? 

Actually i'm aready working on other project, but could be a good idea for the next model 

ciao

Ale

• Like 1

I have built this kit a few years ago and it's not bad at all. Detail is of course not what we'd expect from a 1/48 kit today but for its days it was decent. Of course this is not a problem if you have resin replacement parts.

Fit was not too bad but keep an eye on the wing profile at the root, it can end up being a bit "squashed" if you're not careful. On mine I rescribed all panel lines, not too difficult as most surfaces are "flat" enough. In the end what surprised me was the size of the aircraft: it's sure big but not as big as one may think, I have it on the shelves beside an F-111 and it's roughly the same.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry guys, that I haven't been posting for a while. I have got almost no time for modelling, because of my work and home situation. 

Cheers,

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Arniec said:

Sorry guys, that I haven't been posting for a while. I have got almost no time for modelling, because of my work and home situation. 

Cheers,

Bad news, I hope the situation changes for you & for the best.  

I've ALMOST finished mine & I have to say that while its a good looking jet, the kit is an absolute MONSTER to build!😖

• Like 2