Revell 1/48 Tornado ADV

Yes, another one!. This is the second of my triple build of the revell 1/48 Tornado. Two ADVs and a GR4.

I went for a clean finish this time.

Aftermarket used comprised eduard Steel seatbelts, which are far easier to use than their earlier sets, being   more malleable, and the printing seeming less prone to flaking off.

The FOD covers were made from glue soaked tissue formed over kitchen foil with RBF flags from an old verlinden sheet.

Pitot tube came from Master Models, and the decals again  from Xtradecal Tornado F3, Part 1.  A great sheet.  I almost plumped for the Saudi one, but chose this one in the end, as that large fin just calls out for a bit of colour. 

Thanks for looking

Bruce

tailfin_revell_tornado_redtail rear qtr_revell_tornado_merged-2 port profile_revell_tornado rear qtr_revell_tornado portprofile_revell_tornado-3 port isometric_revell_tornado-4 portprofile_revell_tornado

• Like 50

14 hours ago, PhantomLover said:

Wonderful! I have the same kit and am wondering which brand and which colour grey you used?

Kind regards,

Gerben

Hello Gerben

I used Gunze Mr Color barley grey  334 which is a lacquer, although if you prefer acrylic they do it in their Mr Hobby range H334

Hope this helps, and thanks for the kind comment

Bruce

• Thanks 1

Very nice Tornado! I have this in the stash I've built the GR4 a couple of years back, is this basically the same construction as the GR4? Just asking in case there's anything to watch out for with the build. 

19 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Superb work - I think decalling that would have sent my eyes funny!

TT

I’m still seeing “do not step” in front of my eyes 😀

@Deano353 yes! Basically the same kit as the GR4, with all the test fitting, ensuring you remove every bit of flash etc, that building a Revell Tornado entails !

Bruce 

Edited by pacificmustang
  • Like 2

Lovely work Bruce and a great scheme as well.

Does the kit include the Skyflash and LAU-138 BOL launchers?

I have the 1/48 Revell GR.4 kit underway now for the Tornado GB but it only has the vanilla LAU-7 launchers and AIM-9L included an no other weapons :(

cheers,

Pappy

On 9/30/2020 at 6:02 PM, Pappy said:

Lovely work Bruce and a great scheme as well.

Does the kit include the Skyflash and LAU-138 BOL launchers?

I have the 1/48 Revell GR.4 kit underway now for the Tornado GB but it only has the vanilla LAU-7 launchers and AIM-9L included an no other weapons :(

cheers,

Pappy

G’day Pappy. Thanks 

Yeah, the kit comes with sky flash, which aren’t the best fit.i binned them and used Hasegawa sparrows

the BOL rails came from Two Mikes 

chuck me your address and I’ll post you the spare set I have 

Bruce 

Beautiful build and a great scheme!! 

I was on the F3 OEU at this time and used to work on this jet daily, before, during and after this paint job! I’ve had the decal set myself for the last 6 years and will get around to building it myself one day!! 😂 

• Like 1