Patrouille de France. Ouragan.

stevej60

Hi folk's, This is one of those GB's where I could easily slip into double figures with builds, there's so many subject's I love in their range and at the moment

most can be picked up for very little money.But I decided early on to go for something out of my usual area of interest and picked up this set for a meagre

thirteen quid from e-bay all sealed in mint condition.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/heller-80399-patrouille-france--167958

inside are the three bagged kit's in a beige plastic and a huge decal sheet.

• Like 6

That's they spirit Steve and true to form you've opened your Heller GB account with a Threesome! 

I also see you getting into double figures here, but all in good time of course. let's get these three beauties up in the air first. 

Cheers and big hearty welcome.. Dave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Steve, That’s a bargain!! Look forward to seeing these come together :popcorn:

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That's they spirit Steve and true to form you've opened your Heller GB account with a Threesome! 

I also see you getting into double figures here, but all in good time of course. let's get these three beauties up in the air first. 

Cheers and big hearty welcome.. Dave 

Thank's guy's can't say I'll be as prolific as usual but maybe a couple more (the radar is switched on searching for a couple of never built's)

Steve, great subjects all of them and a great theme for a triple build.

Whilst this boxing dates from 1988 with the catalogue number, all of the kits pre-date the 1 Jan 1986 cut off which is all that counts.

Alpha Jet, kit number 257 from 1977

Fouga Magister, kit number 220 from 1980

Dassault Ouraga, kit number 201 from 1981

Quite why kits issued later have lower catalogue numbers than the earlier ones is a complete mystery to me!

Anyway, good luck and welcome.

The Ouragan is a very simple yet lovely kit.

18 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Snap! No doubt you'll have yours finished before I've even got the glue pot out - best of luck.

Come on Jinxman, pull your finger out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• JeroenS changed the title to Patrouille de France. Ouragan.

Well will rain lashing down and nothing else to do a day popping up and down to the loft and push on a few projects,the simple cockpit was painted

and spare decal's and tape used to busy it up.

20201003_160550

in no time it's looking good with just a touch of filler here and there and a clean up of the seams.Nose weight added.

20201003_171852

• Like 7

Nose weight!

Keep the reminders coming - I wouldn't have remembered that.

Looking very good. What scheme/decals have you got for her?

edit - Doh! I'm doing an in-flight machine - what was I thinking? The excitement got me carried away. ☺️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Nose weight!

Keep the reminders coming - I wouldn't have remembered that.

Looking very good. What scheme/decals have you got for her?

cheer's JM overall silver,blue tail and tip tank's and a load of stars to stick on poor looking decal sheet hope they work.

• Like 2

Not surprised we have an early candidate for ‘’1st GB Gallery entry’ from Steve. I must admit, that does look great so far. Good luck with the decals. 
Cheers.. Dave

12 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Not surprised we have an early candidate for ‘’1st GB Gallery entry’ from Steve. I must admit, that does look great so far. Good luck with the decals. 
Cheers.. Dave

Cheer's Dave,if needed there are a few newer sheet's out there I could track down.

Evening folk's,thought I'd kill two birds and use the dark blue of the tail and tip tank's as a primer for the silver.I'm going to give Tamiya's Chrome

silver a go maybe tone it down if a couple of coat's don't look right,looking at photos of the real aircraft they seem to be sprayed rather than NM

polished up.And as expected one of the tip tank fins has gone awol!

20201004_182412

• Like 4

Well happy enough for a weekend's work,drying now for a day or two before a couple of coats of gloss which hopefully will give the silver a smooth finish.

20201004_204452

• Like 7

Evening all,dear oh dear the decals are awful and a lot of patience used up tonight! both rear portions just disintegrated so I had to  cut a portion

out once dried I gave them another coat of gloss.This doesn't bode well for the other two I think painting the white rather than the large white decals

on the Alpha and Magister.

20201009_193858

• Like 10

16 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Evening all,dear oh dear the decals are awful and a lot of patience used up tonight! both rear portions just disintegrated so I had to  cut a portion

out once dried I gave them another coat of gloss.This doesn't bode well for the other two I think painting the white rather than the large white decals

on the Alpha and Magister.

20201009_193858

Looks fab though. Are you putting the stars on those things at the end of the wings? Looks like that will be fun...

14 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Looks fab though. Are you putting the stars on those things at the end of the wings? Looks like that will be fun...

That's tomorrows little job Tony.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

That's tomorrows little job Tony.

👍🏻 Wish I’d mentioned this sooner, but I have the Ouragan kit (most recent boxing) and won’t be using the PdF decals, yours if needed.

• Like 1