Airfix 3-Point Albion Refueller

Pat's build elsewhere in this GB, and Merlins wonderful expertise has spurred me to have a crack at this one too. Perhaps a small diorama with the Mk I Spitfire I am building. Pat's post has covered the contents so I wont repeat here. This kit has a LOT of mould seams that need cleaning off, so most of my time has been spent doing that so far. Some wonderful fine detail in this kit, but hat adds to the difficulty cleaning up parts. Not a lot of construction to show -as usual I am deviating from the instructions. I am likely painting the chassis in semi-gloss black so want to have this pretty much assembled before I do. This is where the main assembly is at:

p?i=98b0983fda8b1b125a945ac282d471a1

There is a nice big seam down the middle of the tank on each side which I can't see in any photos, so eliminating it will likely be the next step.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry folks, a lot more work involved with this one than I thought or anticipated. I'm not going to get this done in time.

My special thanks to Merlin for his wonderful help and support - I'll continue this one in the Vehicle WIP when and as I can continue with it.

PR

Edited by Peter Roberts