A 109 for Mölders kit #236

Corsairfoxfouruncle

6 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

She was looking good prior to decals Dennis... looks even better now doesn’t it. Well done. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave... the decals really cement the color in my mind. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

It consists of 8 parts XF-83 medium sea grey to 2 parts XF-81 RAF Dark green.

Being mathmatically challenged, would a 4 to 1 ratio give you the same result?

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone...in the last 20 hours Ive spent 10 at the bench. Im tired, :tired: Im sore, and I spent an hour on my Knees today fighting the Damn carpet monster. Being disabled Im not supposed to get on my knees, it usually requires emergency services 🚑 to show up and pick me back up. I was able to get all my builds up to the same stage. Everything's done now except for the fragile stuff like antennas, pitot’s, and canopies. Those will be on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

4LTxRwS.jpg

FoR2mrr.jpg

TUu4rIX.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 8

This looks really good. I was wondering whether to use the decals for the tail cross on my He112 or paint it. The decals on yours look good so that's the way I'll probably go. 

• Thanks 1

Excellent result Dennis. Thanks so much for taking part, this 109 has come up tops! There’s plenty of time left, can we tempt you in for another Classic Heller kit??

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rabbit Leader said:

There’s plenty of time left, can we tempt you in for another Classic Heller kit??

Cheers.. Dave 

Id love to build more... Sadly I don't have any more Heller kits in my stash, and the one swap meet here in Chicago is cancelled. That's where I bought these last year. If you have any ideas I'm open ? 

Our local swap meet got cancelled as well, however I’ve been very fortunate to source a small collection of classic Heller kits in the last few months. Not sure if you are on Facebook, however many buy/sell listings seem to be on there these days too. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 11:26 AM, dogsbody said:

Being mathmatically challenged, would a 4 to 1 ratio give you the same result?

Chris

Yeah, but you'd run out of paint half way through then & have to mix some more, stick with 8:2. ;) :D

Lovely job on this Dennis, you've made me look at my Heller bf 109B in a new light. :) 

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Lovely job on this Dennis, you've made me look at my Heller bf 109B in a new light. :)

Thanks Steve, Its my 2nd one and wont be my last one. If I can come up with more I will do more, plenty of good schemes including an early night-fighter in 1941. 

• Like 1