Bentley Blower (Humbrol 1:24)

wimbledon99

24 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Really great progress, you had me going with the bit of Sprue, I thought you were going to fashion an early whale tail spoiler for the back  :surprised:

The engine looks stunning, I would imagine the racing ones looked a bit more workmen like especially while racing !

Cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat!  :happy:  Haha - Definitely just a temporary handle :laugh:

I was toying with the idea of some oil and grease but most pictures I've found are bright and shiny hence decided to go for the 'collectors' look.

• Like 1

Lots more cleaning, priming and paining this weekend! I also decided to add a wooden floor to the front of the cabin.

Once the colour goes on the last of the parts, it should be just a case of a few decals and assembly :fingerscrossed:

2jWDJPQ%5D

2jWDJJQ%5D

• Like 10

On 10/19/2020 at 8:28 PM, Hewy said:

Yes, very nice indeed nigel,youve built it up and painted the details on the chassis and engine superbly👍,i like it!

Thanks Glynn, It's quite a labourious process with all the cleaning up to do but quite rewarding at the same time :happy:

On 10/20/2020 at 12:26 AM, rob Lyttle said:

Wow, that is going together in fine style! Very nicely done, Wimbledon. Looks like an early finish for this 🇫🇷🇬🇧🏁

Hoping that she's rounding the final corner. You're very kind, Rob. Thank you :happy:

On 10/20/2020 at 12:50 AM, TimJ said:

Great work so far, the engine looks really good. 

Much appreciated, Tim. Thank you :happy:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That all looks really lovely, now just waiting to seeing all those sub assemblies come together to form one great modelling project. 
Cheers.. Dave

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Oh yes, that looks the business 

In fact its actually a bit cruel showing it so close to the finish line !

Cheers Pat

Gents, Thank you :happy: !

Hopefully she's not too far away, Dave.

Pat, I have a couple more for you below :wink:

So I mailed Revell a number of weeks ago re. obtaining a later decal set and had put the idea of it arriving to bed. However, it turned up today, FoC!! (Many thanks to Revelll :thanks: )

I had originally liked the idea of the gauges but I've decided to stick with what I have below (unless consensus says otherwise). However, the smaller decals will be used (possibly the tire decals too but I'm open to comment) so I've an extra job before final assembly

2jYnC75%5D

2jYhZQg%5D

• Like 5

On 10/24/2020 at 9:20 AM, Bengalensis said:

You're doing very nice work on the Bentley.

Difficult call on the instruments. What you have is looking good indeed. The decals will be more precise, but also perhaps a bit flat and artificial. This would need some thinking.

Many thanks :happy:

I've decided that the gauge decals do look too artificial so I'm staying as is. However, I'm now wondering about the wheel decals. Do I keep them and weather them in or just get rid of them? I'm edging towards weathering but keen to hear what others think.  I was hoping to finish this tonight but my eyes are getting tired  :whistle:

2jZwban%5D

• Like 2

I would go for a dark weathering over the top so they look they are moulded into the tyre, definitely too bling for a racing Bentley !

You have done a stunning job on this one.

Out of interest there is an old lady up here who uses a vintage Bentley as her everyday car, different model to yours but, she always drives it with the hood down, just has a tonneau cover to keep the shopping dry in the wonderful scottish climate !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Get rid of the tyre decals

I'm in a vintage car club, the UVCC, and none of our car tyres ever look like that.

Its too 'American' or too 'custom'

This a photo from my collection

'Tim' Birkin in a 4.5L Blower Bentley in the 1930 Ulster TT, 

No white writing on the tyres

Birkin%2C%201930%20TT%20-%20Copy-S.jpg

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I would go for a dark weathering over the top so they look they are moulded into the tyre, definitely too bling for a racing Bentley !

You have done a stunning job on this one.

Out of interest there is an old lady up here who uses a vintage Bentley as her everyday car, different model to yours but, she always drives it with the hood down, just has a tonneau cover to keep the shopping dry in the wonderful scottish climate !

cheers Pat

12 hours ago, TimJ said:

On the subject of the tyre decals I'm with Black Knight as I can't remember seeing a Bentley with white lettering on the tyres and it would look better without them.  

4 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

I say definitely loose the tire decals. I can't recall ever seeing any hint of white tyre text on these cars.

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback on the tyres - Much appreciated :happy:

Pat, looks like you and I are in the minority here.

Decals removed and now finished.

2jZKv6R%5D

2jZLhoA%5D

2jZLhq9%5D

2jZKva8%5D

2jZFN81%5D

2jZLhjx%5D

2jZFN9d%5D

2jZFN6x%5D

2jZLhs3%5D

• Like 10

Just a quote note of :thanks: to our Host @Wez along with our co-hosts @vppelt68, @Rabbit Leader, @JOCKNEY and @Heather Kay

Thanks also to all those to came along for the ride; the company and feedback has been very much appreciated.

This gave me a chance to build something I'd always wanted to do as a kid so it's genuinely and tick on the bucket list.

Cheers

Nigel

3 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Just a quote note of :thanks: to our Host @Wez along with our co-hosts @vppelt68, @Rabbit Leader, @JOCKNEY and @Heather Kay

Thanks also to all those to came along for the ride; the company and feedback has been very much appreciated.

This gave me a chance to build something I'd always wanted to do as a kid so it's genuinely and tick on the bucket list.

Cheers

Nigel

Nigel,

You're welcome and to see the outstanding result you've achieved it must be very pleasing to fulfil that childhood wish.  Very well done!:thumbsup2:

• Like 1

That is totally awesome Nigel. What a wonderful finish to this classic Heller kit. It looks like a great kit OOB, however you still need excellent modelling skills to bring this up to this museum exhibition standard. Very well done on all counts. 

Cheers and thanks for taking part.. Dave 

• Like 1