Alpine A110

Toftdale

• 2 weeks later...

The good news the wait is over, so I can tackle my paint run.  The bad news I made it worse 😡.  Even sanded through to the white layer 

p?i=b172cd3fb5dfffffb948bf244f3e59bb

I not going to repaint, I'll just find a way of touching up over the white and it will join my collection of models with a good side.

But hopefully I have now reached the stage were I shouldn't be able to bugger it up.  The bodys finally on.  Very tight fit and very glad my son was playing on his playstation with his headphones on during this operation as otherwise he might have learn a few new expressions 😀 .  The metal transfers are now on, the word transfer was very debatable (and if you read this John Lambert, sorry no idea how to tag you in) these transfers do not compare to any of the other Tamiya ones I have used in the past.  The other ones just apply as per the instructions,  these ones seem to be under specific orders for every individual character to act differently and fight to the end.  Their not perfect, but you've got to be really looking to tell.  So I have just got to crome around the front and rear windows (the rest of the crome was done using Bare Metal Foil), add the lights and exhaust,  what could possibly go wrong?  Happy New Year to all Andy

p?i=7aa8f3b5bd5df5ca79c09a564847cb15

p?i=603a3d2a1a70022a09186a5dc1e76dfd

• Like 7

Hi,

Beautiful!

I think you can easily make a touch up with a thin nozzle and low pressure ;) 

Great result anyway!

Pascal 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

The metal transfers are now on, the word transfer was very debatable (and if you read this John Lambert, sorry no idea how to tag you in) these transfers do not compare to any of the other Tamiya ones I have used in the past.  The other ones just apply as per the instructions,  these ones seem to be under specific orders for every individual character to act differently and fight to the end.  Their not perfect, but you've got to be really looking to tell.  So I have just got to crome around the front and rear windows (the rest of the crome was done using Bare Metal Foil), add the lights and exhaust,  what could possibly go wrong?  Happy New Year to all Andy

Hi Andy @Toftdale if you type "@" then the user name it tags someone.  Thanks for the name check.  Sorry for your troubles, it's still looking good (at least on the good side).  And thanks for the information on the Tamiya metal transfers.

• Thanks 1

Tamiya Metal transfers seem a bit 'variable'. shall I say.

I had no end of trouble with the ones on my Jag Mk II, but the ones supplied with the GTR Nismo Special were perfect.

Cheers,

Alan.

• Thanks 1