Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Group build chat

Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. This is the poll for the Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! GB with the name to be confirmed. Here we will have the vote for the choice of kit to be built. I've had to start a new topic as I can't seem to be able to add a poll to the existing post,

• Revell 1/72 Hawk T1
    • Airfix 1/72 P-40

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Dave_R said:

"But I could always have a chat with Russell at Jadlam and see what we could do."

Personally I don't agree with a lottery prize version, I'd rather leave it as it is.

So you happy that the sponsor chooses the winner as planned originally 

2 hours ago, Dave_R said:

Before everybody jumps on the Hawk bandwagon,  I'd like to endorse Anatol's suggestion of the Zvezda Mig-29 and Revell F-16 and suggest the Revell Hunter FGA 9.

Dave.

On 9/28/2020 at 1:36 AM, Anatol Pigwa said:

My favourites in descending order:

Revell F-16

Super Hobby Mirage F.1 (also reboxed by Revell)

Zvezda Mig 29 SMT (also reboxed by Revell)

Airfix Harrier GR7/GR9

Airfix Lighting F.6

Hobby Boss Rafale

and finally:

Revell Hawk T.1

all in 1/72 scale.

I've considered those as an option but wanted to keep the price close to less than £15 for those on a budget. Jadlam also might be able to sort of something on the price of the Hawk for anyone that needs to buy one for the GB. They gave some money off the Mustang last time for those that needed one. 

4 minutes ago, thepureness said:

I've considered those as an option but wanted to keep the price close to less than £15 for those on a budget. Jadlam also might be able to sort of something on the price of the Hawk for anyone that needs to buy one for the GB. They gave some money off the Mustang last time for those that needed one. 

OK - but Jadlam has the Hunter on sale for £16.86,  so....

1 minute ago, Dave_R said:

I'll put a poll up when we have a few more ideas and we'll go with the one with most votes

11 minutes ago, thepureness said:

this. If I need to buy in a kit. Spare funds are not great at the moment

I'm currently in a situation of financial embarrassment

Afternoon, 

Hope you're all well - thought Id jump in here. 

- Just a heads up, that we're not in this for the money. i.e we're not going to retire on 20 kit sales. I'm here as I love seeing these builds! So, when we manage to decide on a kit I am more than happy to check our pricing and supply the kits to you all at cost plus P&P. Id also extend this to a kit of any value, so if you fancy building something a little more exotic/expensive Id of course be happy to apply the same level of discount. So, no need to be concerned about getting hold of the kit, we're make sure its something we can get hold of (but will most likely have in stock anyway) and offer it to you as cheaply as we can. 

- Ideally we'd like to see everybody build the same kit, this promotes thinking outside the box. i.e last time we did a P51 Mustang and it was great to see variation from the box livery to awesome race liveries etc. 

- As for a "winner", last time I'd let my staff review the pictures and vote for their favourite. Be aware that not all of my staff are model builders, thus several will probably vote for the "coolest" paint job! So, if you make an awesome looking model, then its likely they could overlook any minor imperfections! 

Finally, with the power of social media I could quite easily promote this GB to a load of our existing customers. What do you think? Try and get some new members on Britmodeller and onboard or leave as it is? 

Cheers,

Russ

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I'll put my interest in.  While cost can normally be an issue, this sounds like Jadlam intend to keep it in my price range.

Whether I join in will depend on the kit chosen.  Now I'm not picky what it is, I'll build anything for the enjoyment, but I try to avoid duplicates.  I would happily build two of the same vehicle, if they were in two wildly different colour schemes, when I finally get my display case sorted I want variety.  I don't want a row of green/grey camo, or a row of military grey etc.  So strong possibility I'll take this up as it sounds like your are trying to pick something that came in many colours/markings.

Out of what is mentioned so far, I have had my eye on adding a Hawk to my collection, and I've seen it in a few nice schemes etc, and I do prefer jets.  But I don't think I have anything that has been mentioned yet, so as long as it came in a colourful livery I'd probably be up for it.

Mood is also a factor.  Its been a funny year, and I thought I would have build way more than I have.  But I spent a lot of the earlier part of this year doing zero, and even now I have days when I just look at the bench and can't be bothered, an other days I'm all over it.

So yeah, I'm interested and hope to join in.

56 minutes ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

As for a "winner", last time I'd let my staff review the pictures and vote for their favourite. Be aware that not all of my staff are model builders, thus several will probably vote for the "coolest" paint job! So, if you make an awesome looking model, then its likely they could overlook any minor imperfections! 

Finally, with the power of social media I could quite easily promote this GB to a load of our existing customers. What do you think? Try and get some new members on Britmodeller and onboard or leave as it is? 

It is technically possible to make this GB anonymous until the voting thread is closed.

To do this, the GB Host / Moderator must open a topic under his own name for each participant and upload there photos of the assembly process as they arrive from the participants.

Of course, the photos should be on a standard background, for example, on a sheet of white A4 paper, of course the photos will not have to be uploaded to no personalized file sharing services such as Postimage e.t.c, because there will certainly be Sherlock's Holme's, Miss Marple's, Hercule's Poirot's  😁 who will definitely want to expose anonymous names!😁

Of course it will be hard hellish work for the Host/Moderators, but there will be intrigue and there will be no accusations that there were any likes or dislikes during the voting.  Of course, there are certain dangers of vote cheating, but here you will have to rely on the decency of the participants.

After finishing voting, the participant simply posts in an anonymous topic a photo of his model on his favorite model rug without any disguise.

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

Special for Sherlock's Holme's, Miss Marple's, Hercule's Poirot's maybe opening separate topic where they will share their investigations and guesses!  And after deanomization, they will write there "I knew it!"  or "Who would have thought? How wrong I was!"

😉😁😁

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

It is technically possible to make this GB anonymous until the voting thread is closed.

To do this, the GB Host / Moderator must open a topic under his own name for each participant and upload there photos of the assembly process as they arrive from the participants.

Of course, the photos should be on a standard background, for example, on a sheet of white A4 paper, of course the photos will not have to be uploaded to personalized file sharing services such as Postimage, because there will certainly be Sherlock's Holme's, Miss Marple's, Hercule's Poirot's  😁 who will definitely want to expose anonymous names!😁

Of course it will be hard hellish work for the Host/Moderators, but there will be intrigue and there will be no accusations that there were any likes or dislikes during the voting.  Of course, there are certain dangers of vote cheating, but here you will have to rely on the decency of the participants.

B.R.

Serge

This isn't necessary. The voting is not done by member but behind closed doors at the sponsors. They'll have no idea who's each build is apart from the name of the member. I'll be taking part to increase the number but will be exempt myself from winning due to the connection with the sponsor. 

It has worked perfectly fine with the past two GB the sponsor has sponsored  

• Like 1

I have not invented anything, it has long been working on model forums in other countries.

But as you's wish, I'm on this forum not to make a revolution here.😁

My business is to offer, your's business to refuse.

😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 2

I been thinking some thunks on this

1 hour ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

- As for a "winner", last time I'd let my staff review the pictures and vote for their favourite. Be aware that not all of my staff are model builders, thus several will probably vote for the "coolest" paint job! So, if you make an awesome looking model, then its likely they could overlook any minor imperfections! 

I think it needs to be something that can be built very differently by the modellers, especially in different colour schemes

How can a non-modeller choose between 15 grey & green Spitfire IX, or 15 all silver Mirage, or 15 all-grey Harriers?

1 hour ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

Ideally we'd like to see everybody build the same kit, this promotes thinking outside the box. i.e last time we did a P51 Mustang and it was great to see variation from the box livery to awesome race liveries etc. 

The P-51 had the potential of so many different schemes. The P-40 has a few but not many, and the BAe Hawk has so very many more, from the ubiquitous Red Arrows through the different display schemes by the various squadrons, such as that Finnish 40 Years Anniversary scheme pictured above 

2. Does it have to be an aeroplane?

As modellers, sometimes we should push the boundary of what we like to build

How about a car?

Jadlam has the Revell 1/32 Beach Buggy, VW Beetle and Opel GT all at around the £10 price range. 

Each of these are easy to build kits and of course cars can be painted and decorated as much or as little as the builder chooses

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave_R said:

That rules out foreign buyers as much as I’d love to support Jadlam I cant buy overseas. The only place locally that has the Hunter is Sprue Brothers for $19.49 but I cant do online purchases currently. 

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That rules out foreign buyers as much as I’d love to support Jadlam I cant buy overseas. The only place locally that has the Hunter is Sprue Brothers for $19.49 but I cant do online purchases currently. 

This is only one idea and i'm still going to put it to a vote. I need more ideas and once a kit has three people suggest it I'll put it on the poll

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nah, we can sort you out. Overseas shipping has been reduced due to COVID, thus we removed the option for many places on the website. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

I think it needs to be something that can be built very differently by the modellers, especially in different colour schemes

How can a non-modeller choose between 15 grey & green Spitfire IX, or 15 all silver Mirage, or 15 all-grey Harriers?

The P-51 had the potential of so many different schemes. The P-40 has a few but not many, and the BAe Hawk has so very many more, from the ubiquitous Red Arrows through the different display schemes by the various squadrons, such as that Finnish 40 Years Anniversary scheme pictured above 

How about a car?

Jadlam has the Revell 1/32 Beach Buggy, VW Beetle and Opel GT all at around the £10 price range. 

Each of these are easy to build kits and of course cars can be painted and decorated as much or as little as the builder chooses

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

How about a car?

I’ll have a look through our system tomorrow and see what we have, but off the top of my head I’ll throw a couple wildcards out there:

- Revell 1:72 Chinook 03876

- Revell 1:24 VW Samba bus 07399

Could do both of the above for less than £20 delivered. 

16 minutes ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

Nah, we can sort you out. Overseas shipping has been reduced due to COVID, thus we removed the option for many places on the website. 

Its not you and the prices I worry about, SWMBO giving me the OMG Really Again look. 

• Haha 3

Hey everyone

What about the 1/72 Airfix Tiger Moth?  https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/airfix-a02106-dehavilland-tiger-moth-1-72-aircraft-model-kit/

Now there are massive amount of different decal schemes available and the kit comes with two sets of markings for those that want to stay OOB

Edited by thepureness
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its not you and the prices I worry about, SWMBO giving me the OMG Really Again look. 

I've sure Jadlam can put a little note in the box that says "congratulations on your competition win, here is your prize"

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, thepureness said:

What about the 1/72 Airfix Tiger Moth?  https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/airfix-a02106-dehavilland-tiger-moth-1-72-aircraft-model-kit/

Now there are massive amount of different decal schemes available and the kit comes with two sets of markings for those that want to stay OOB

I'd given thought to that one and whilst I'm fond of biplanes I thought there might be too many participants afraid to tackle one

Sound's like a great idea I'd happily join in just a shame many will be put off by whatever choice of kit is made.personally I'd like to see the Hawk

chosen especially if you throw in the potential of what if scheme's as well as the many it has worn then at least if anyone has to but a kit they won't

have to look for AM decal's so we wont be stuck with a hundred Red Arrow hawk's and you can be very inventive with your schemes!

I would be interested in entering!

In terms of kit choice I have the airfix P-40 in the stash but would equally be happy to buy something new! 

Edit - I would be keen on the Airfix Tiger moth!

Ash

Edited by Doccur