1/72 PZL P.23 Karas #247. ++ Finished ++

fightersweep

I like very much your interpretation of Polish "Khaki" - now people are doing it like just an earth brown, ore even chocolate brown and your has this green hue which for me is necessary to call the color "khaki" not just brown...

Regards

J-W

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the kind words. I really do appreciate it. I'm glad that I picked this kit to start my GB. For a 1970s model, it's very good and representative of Heller of that era. I remember buying the model first time around simply because I hadn't heard of the Karas (I was about 13 at the time with no internet and only a handful of aviation books). I enjoyed building it then, and even more so this time around.

@JWM Thank you! I'm not sure if it's at all accurate, but someone said to try and achieve something close to the current British army uniform in colour. As you rightly say, a lot get built in various shades of brown, but I wanted something that had that hint of green...proper Khaki. Certainly not a colour that the camera likes to capture though!

Steve

• Like 2

Excellent work Steve and apologies for mentioning this quite late in the piece. I really love what you’ve done with this Polish duo of great Heller kits, they have both turned out wonderfully well and you’ve gotta be happy with a colour endorsement from Jerzy to go with that! Thanks for the inspiration. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 2

Lovely build! It's very nice to see all these aeroplanes that make it to model much too seldom. I had never before looked at a Karas closely - yours inspires me to do so!

@Toryu Thank you! Much appreciated. I do recommend giving the Karas a go. It's still a very good kit. I agree! It's really nice to see these kits being built and seeing types that rarely appear in the RFI sections. It certainly highlights some of the unusual subjects that Heller gave to us modellers.

@Rabbit Leader Thank you Dave for the kind words. I'm really glad that I chose the two Heller PZL kits to open the my GB offerings. I've really enjoyed building them. It was also great to get a thumbs up from Jerzy on the colours as I am certainly no expert on PAF camo. I feel quite humbled, and building these two kits has certainly inspired me to tackle a few more Polish subjects.

Steve

• 2 years later...
46 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Congratulations Steve

I've just found mine so looked out your build for inspiration :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat! Much appreciated! Look forward to seeing your PZL 23 build. You'll enjoy it as it's a lovely little kit. I've got another couple in the stash so must build another. Not much in the way of colour scheme choice though. How are you fixed for decals?

Nice to find you here. I still pop into the Heller GB for a look around as it was so enjoyable. Retrospectively funny to see how naff the photos above are. Got a better camera now thank gawd!

Cheers!

Steve

• Like 1

Hi mate

You are being way too harsh on yourself, not only did the kit turn out wonderfully, but the pictures were great and certainly provided all the guidance required to build this kit by others in greater future.

Hope mine turns out half as well.

Cheers Pat