1/72 PZL P.11c H161. The Heller Polish Duo Part One (Finished)

fightersweep

Evening all!

More progress today, and the finish line is in sight for the P.11. Today, it was decals and time to add some well needed colour to this mud coloured beast. First off, a big thank you to @Foxbat who kindly offered to send me some decals to replace the shot ones that resided in the old Heller black box. Thank you Foxbat! I really appreciated it, and therefore, this build is now dedicated to you sir!

No major issues with the decals, bar a couple of sweary moments with some of the more fiddly details. The sheet included a nice scheme with big white jagged arrows across the tops of the wings, and this one was my initial choice, however, I decided in the end to go with the mount of Stanislaw Skalski, the first allied air ace of WW2. Finally, this little P.11 has some colour and is now looking the part. Next stage, matt varnishing, final details and then I think she'll be done for the next installment.

50552100877_3cb9d676db_c.jpg

50551236658_96ac26f3ec_c.jpg

50551236548_4ae75d8d2c_c.jpg

50551972321_fc1e942538_c.jpg

Steve

• Like 9

Hi Steve

Looks the business. 

Theres cross rigging between the undercarriage legs, if you fancy installing it, however although I like the look it was a nightmare to fit and caused the legs to break off more time than I can remember. 

So approach with caution !

Cheers Pat 

@JOCKNEY

Thank you! Yes! I did spot the need for the cross rigging fairly late into the build. I should add it, and may well have a go, but messing around too much with that very fragile undercarriage scares me a bit. Likewise with the aerial arrangement. It's a fairly complex four way arrangement that gives me sweats thinking about it. I'll see how I feel nearer the time.

Steve

I love seeing these progress pics Steve. It’s looking exceptionally good and although your having second thoughts about rigging, its amazing what a small wire here or there can make to the overall finished look. Mind you, I’m not the one who should be talking about rigging as Ive yet to finish a proper biplane in all my years of modelling. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I love seeing these progress pics Steve. It’s looking exceptionally good and although your having second thoughts about rigging, its amazing what a small wire here or there can make to the overall finished look. Mind you, I’m not the one who should be talking about rigging as Ive yet to finish a proper biplane in all my years of modelling. 

Thanks Dave! Much appreciated. I do agree. Looking at it as it stands, it does need a few wires here and there. It looks a bit naked otherwise. I'm happy to give the u/c cross rigging a stab, but the aerial arrangement is pretty scary.

Steve

• Like 1

Well, that's the first Heller kit in the bag. November now, and I must get cracking on more. Two months doesn't seem to be that long to cater for so much Heller goodness.

I wasn't expecting this to be the last installment, but I got some bench time in yesterday, and it all just fell into place and before I knew it, the P.11 was finished.

The P.11 is a lovely little kit. No real issues and the overall fit and detail for a kit of this age was faultless. I think I want to build another one now. Well, here she is and ready for the gallery.

Edit: I know the aerial isn't quite the right configuration, but the four way jobby defeated me several times. This will have to do.

50562129673_ff76592d75_c.jpg

Steve

• Like 10

• fightersweep changed the title to 1/72 PZL P.11c H161. The Heller Polish Duo Part One (Finished)

Thank you for the kind words Gents! She's in the gallery now with a few more photos. My first ever GB entry, and it won't be the last. I don't know why I haven't done this before. Now the tricky bit. Which Heller kits to choose for the next round!

Steve

A truly wonderful result there Steve, looks every inch perfect and it’s all nicely presented and photographed. A very fitting tribute to what looks to be a lovely little kit.

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

Thanks all. I really appreciate it. The Heller PZL P.11 is certainly a kit I would recommend if you haven't built it before. Might have to tweak the photos as the colours don't look right at all. 

Steve