SA315B LAMA . Brush Painted . . . 1/48 . Heller

Adichau

Hello Friends,

Presenting the Sa315B of the Indian Army. The kit is from Heller and is of the SA313 in 1/48 size. This was modified into the Sa315B. 

The Model is 100% Brush Painted using locally available acrylics. 

Stretched Sprue was made using discarded pieces of the kit sprues and was used extensively for the detail and scratch-building.  The rear fuselage skeleton was chucked away as it was too thick for this scale. This was made with stretched sprue. More detail was added to this using the same stretched sprue. 

Cockpit was bare with little detail thus this too was detailed using sprue.  

Seat belts were also added using masking tape. 

The whole engine was basic too and the grills were represented by clear parts. The hydraulic lines and the various pipes and tubing were represented by stretched sprue of varied thickness.

Do Enjoy the build and looking forward for your inputs. 

Best

Captain Adi

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

• Like 27

Hello, Adi -

Helicopters are not my thing but yours is superb - outstanding brush painting (I brush paint myself) and appreciate your smooth finish.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

That's a very pleasing rendition of an ancient Heller kit. It was marketed as 1/50 at the time. I got the Alouette III from Heller and tried to  build it as an Irish Air Corps version. We have the opposite green white and orange flag of course.

My memory of the Lama was when  Santa Claus rented a civil one to visit a  shopping  centre near my home.  As it landed it scattered the excited crowd with the downdraft. Great fun.

Have you considered an Indian Alouette III? A Chetak?

Absolutely  love the video  BTW. A great touch.

Edited by noelh

Many Thanks Everyone for your lovely comments...  @Noelh you have good memories.. I do have similar memories from Christmas being celebrated here ... I still haven't built the Chetak ... . @John_W The kit used is this one..   Wow thanks for letting me know guys. . I just checked this particular kit has the same sprues as they were in the 1/50 kit!!! .. I didn't know ... Thanks and Much Appreciated!!!!!! 

images (34)

Edited by Adichau
  • Like 2