095 - Les Mureaux 117

Enzo the Magnificent

To round up my (hopefully) first batch of models in this GB, here is the Heller ANF Les Mureaux 117.

spacer.png

This was a light reconnaisance bomber which entered service in 1935.  The kit is from 1967 but this boxing is from 1996.

spacer.png

spacer.png

As it is one of the later boxings, the decals look like they will behave themselves.

spacer.png

Two marking schemes are provided; the wartime camouflage and the pre-war overall green.   I think I'll go for the pre-war scheme. 

• Like 13

Would have never heard of this aircraft had it not been kitted by Heller. Those parts do look quite nice and whats the bet I’ll add this to the ‘wishlist’ once it all starts to take shape.

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rob S said:

The bet is “odds on” I’d say!

Now you gonna join us Rob? @Graeme H’s  probably itching to fondle his Mistral right now but is probably still a few kilometres short from home. 

‘fondle his Mistral‘ - something doesn’t sound right there does it! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

I was just about to launch this one myself, but I may choose another kit now.

The more the merrier Steve and it’s always great to see two or more similar kits being built at the same time. I’d stay with Plan A and get this one off your chest.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Now you gonna join us Rob? @Graeme H’s  probably itching to fondle his Mistral right now but is probably still a few kilometres short from home. 

‘fondle his Mistral‘ - something doesn’t sound right there does it! 

Hopefully. To fit in with the “Classic” Title (and seeing I can inly do “basic” modelling down here) it will most likely be one of the 1:50 Heller kits. And it should be out if the box but of course with my tendency to get side tracked and modify things it’ll probably be turned into something else!  

Graeme arrived Home just on 2200 after leaving at 0700. Not a bad effort for an old bloke!  He even managed to pick up a cheap (way cheaper than in Brisbane) Italeri MB 326 in Emerald on one of his breaks from driving.  

He’s even keen to back up and drive up to Innisfail tomorrow!  

Fondling plastic is OK at least it won’t land you in jail like other types of fondling will!  

50 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Jsut 'cos I'm building it doesn't prevent you from doing so. 

Of course! I'm still planning on torturing my kit at some point during the GB, but I got seduced by a couple of Polish beauties instead!

• Like 1

Be careful with some incorrect shapes of this kit - the most important is all wrong construction of undercarriage struts.  The fin leading edge is too stepy (a bit longer chord at base is desired), some modification of cooler shapes is required.  Here are nice drawings and photos of inside  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=61658.12.

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the information.

I'll probably build this as pretty much OOB.  However @RidgeRunner has also provided me with some interesting information and it looks like a second build could be a possibility during the French Fancy 2 GB if it makes it through the Bunfight. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I dispensed with the Heller interior parts, apart from the instrument panel.  I built up a plane interior from 20thou plastic card and sprayed it with the first blue grey paint that cam to hand.   I dressed up the instrument panel with a Yahu item intended for the Airfix Tiger Moth.  The seats are from Barracuda and the seatbelts from Eduard. 

spacer.png

It turns out that not much is visible in the cockpit, but at least I know it's there! 

spacer.png

Primed with my usual grey auto primer from a rattle can.

spacer.png

The green was sprayed with Lifecolor UA-245  Sammaleenvihrea No 2 Moss Green (I really hope I have that right!)   This colour has a rather grey look which seems just right.  I have masked of the natural metal areas ready for spraying. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff Enzo

3 builds progressing in parallel......

No one likes a show off you know :wink:

Looking really smart.

Cheers Pat 

My apologies make that about 5 builds progressing in parallel  :frantic:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...