Airfix A6M2 with yellow underside

opus999

I've read compelling arguments that the bottom of "tsu-134" depicted in Airfix's A6M2 kit is a yellow color.  There is a lot of useful information in this thread:

My question is... what yellow would I use? Is it a plain ol' Testors yellow, or more of a yellow orange? or is it something that we may never have an answer to...? 

4 hours ago, opus999 said:

My question is... what yellow would I use? Is it a plain ol' Testors yellow, or more of a yellow orange? or is it something that we may never have an answer to...?

For what it's worth, I used a mix of Revell and Tamiya acrylics (wow, eight years ago...) to get what I felt looked close to Japanese trainer orange-yellow. Images (albeit plastered with the Photobucket logo) are here:

Cheers, Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

e first article in this search of AviationofJapan has some tips for a correct colour mix.

7 hours ago, Toryu said:

Nick Millman offers good painting instructions on his website http://www.aviationofjapan.com/

Thanks for the links guys.  This website appears invaluable, and I have used a lot of information from it, but only when I get a link in an internet search.  I've never figured out a way to search within the website. I just went back and fiddled with it and discovered my script blocker was keeping the search box from appearing. :banghead: So, I've learned two things today!!

Edited by opus999
  • Like 2