L390 Amiot 143 The flying Chocolate Eclair ++Finished++

JOCKNEY

23 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

For a moment I thought your last picture was the view from the top. Very disturbing - it almost makes more sense that way up!

Yeah, and flying the monster with your head down and feet in the air would also give you a clearer view of the target...

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I´ll have a shot! :hmmm:Academy B-17D pieces left over from the Coastal Command Fortress I build?

Well done V-P

You are absolutely spot on, just to reassure you my Coastal Command Fortress is still in rude health, this was a scrapper I was given for parts.

cheers Pat

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

and I'm finding it very difficult to resist licking my fingers afterwards !

As long as you've stopped licking the windows, you're alright!

Chris

• Haha 1

The cockpit canopy is a blinking nightmare, its split down the middle ( goodness only knows why) and I'm worried about fogging it with glue fumes.

Second chocolate coat has gone on well.

Next job assemble the front turret, and undercarriage.  Then lots of clears parts masking.

Cheers Pat

9 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

and I'm worried about fogging it with glue fumes.

Give it a dip or two into some Future/Pledge/whatever acrylic floor shine you've got and that should prevent glue fog.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2020 at 9:23 PM, JOCKNEY said:

The cockpit canopy is a blinking nightmare, its split down the middle ( goodness only knows why) and I'm worried about fogging it with glue fumes.

Second chocolate coat has gone on well.

Next job assemble the front turret, and undercarriage.  Then lots of clears parts masking.

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat, I've found that cyano (loctite etc.) 'gel' doesn't fog. Chris is correct though, 'Klear' first will do the trick.

P.S. The build is looking great! :wink:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe how busy this GB is, I turn my back on this build for a minute and it's on page 4 of 7 !

IMG_5355

So engines on and props painted and yes, they do spin nicely when you blow in them 

Now the bit I dread, masking clear parts

IMG_5354

Still have the canopy to do as well, plus a narrow horizontal line through all the large windows in the observer lounge, so I'd Best do that before fitting the undercarriage as it certain to be in the way otherwise.

cheers Pat

• Like 12

Hi Tony,

Actually I don't find the 210 that bad - yes it is not "pretty" but except for the rather clumsy nose design it seems fairly similar to the Whitley, complete with thick "slab" wing.

Pete

• Like 3

You’re not wrong about the busyness of this GB Pat. I’ve been trying to keep up with most builds, but they very quickly slip off this first page and by the time you see them they are stuck way down in the pack. This Amiot looks great and I love the colour scheme and silver engines. Will look wonderful finished and as Adrian says, these ungainly old clunkers do start to grow on you after a while! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 11:29 PM, AdrianMF said:

I think I’ve been on this GB a bit too long - French bombers are starting to look attractive ;)

The Amiot 143, the Potez 540 and the Bloch MB.210. The Charlie's Angels of the skies.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

In between them Dave Coley's Emporium, Kingkit, fleaBay and now Amazon Prime are going to bankrupt me. The third of the lovely ladies mentioned above (Musee edition, cos I loves 'em) inbound from the latter. Now people have their views about Jeff Bezos's evil empire, but the price is great, free delivery, here tomorrow and I can't argue with that.

Must.

Stop.

Buying.

Kits.

Edit: apologies, unintentional hijack, thought I was on the chat thread for some reason!

Edited by TonyOD
  • Haha 2

On 10/27/2020 at 11:02 PM, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Pat, I've found that cyano (loctite etc.) 'gel' doesn't fog. Chris is correct though, 'Klear' first will do the trick.

P.S. The build is not looking great! :wink:

:shocked: :shocked:

Hi Pat,

Just realised I owe you an apology. The above was NOT meant to say 'not'!!

I had started with "not looking too bad" and changed it to 'looking great" without obviously removing the then offending 'not' !!

Anyhow, too many 'nots' and now edited.

:sorry:

• Haha 3