L390 Amiot 143 The flying Chocolate Eclair ++Finished++

JOCKNEY

Looking like it fell out of the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down, ladies and gentlemen I introduce the Amiot 143. 

This is the Smer boxing of the original Heller, which appealed as you only need 2 paint colours H98 Chocolate and H56 Aluminium (presumably that's the foil wrapping)

IMG_5250

Painting guide

IMG_5251

All the parts still sealed in the bag meaning I haven't lost anything yet !

IMG_5252

Instructions are nice and simple

IMG_5253

Finally the decals look in good condition 

IMG_5254

I have unfinished builds all over the place at the moment so will be back to this one once some of these are done.

Good luck everyone 

Cheers Pat

• Like 17

Excellent. Pat, we all knew one of these brutes would make an appearance, so it's nice to see it being declared so early.   

The Amiot 143 is pure Heller classic, I'm sure it will prove to be a popular WIP and excellent GB Gallery addition in good time. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Following this one with interest as it remains the front runner for my build. Are you going to have a go at an interior.

I like the colour scheme a lot.

• Thanks 1

Hi Pat,

Superb choice!!!

You can have it as well in dark blue. That color may suit the clothes you are wearing better! Coordination is essential.

The good thing with this kit, is that the interior is like the Gobi desert. A whole lot of nothing! So yes, a few lounge chairs, a hammock or two... Just the usual.

And make sure you give the engines a lot of TLC!!!

Have a lot of fun!

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ah! "le Restaurant Volant". Glad this kit is on the starting blocks. It's one of those Heller kits I've always wanted to build, but never got around to. I have a feeling the Amiot will become the GB "poster girl".

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

‘poster girl‘

Poster Girl!! Not exactly two words that spring to mind whilst looking at those blunt shapes..  perhaps more akin to one of Scotland’s finest terriers, although Pat’s species seems to have a silly knack of chasing parked cars! 

She’s a looker alright... best viewed with eyes closed. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Poster Girl!! Not exactly two words that spring to mind whilst looking at those blunt shapes.

Hey! I know it's not the usual "Belle jeune fille Française" , but some of us are a bit weird and have a penchant for those sorts of things! 🤪🤣

I reckon "poster girl" because it's classic Heller, typically French, a bit "ahem" quirky and sums up this GB perfectly. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Looking like it fell out of the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down, ladies and gentlemen I introduce the Amiot 143. 

Aggressive marketing advertisements 😁  French aviation industry 20-30 years here:

have done their job and the @JOCKNEY has begun build this suitcase!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dogsbody said:

The Amiot 143 definitely looks like something brown! 

I'll be watching this one, Pat. Do you have pictures of the internals?

Chris

Hi Chris

I don't have pictures of the internals, so would appreciate anything you could find. 

However its also very tempting to build it OOTB so i could fit another build in instead  !

cheers Pat 

• Like 1

afaik, the working practice was that the primary pilot flew the Amiot to the target where the secondary pilot took over for the bombing run. He had better visibility of the target from inside and lower and placed close to the bomb aimer

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

afaik, the working practice was that the primary pilot flew the Amiot to the target where the secondary pilot took over for the bombing run. He had better visibility of the target from inside and lower and placed close to the bomb aimer

Makes sense!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyW said:

Thanks Chris, very informative pictures.

Let the debate as to colours commence...

Well as the outside is Chocolate the inside has to be Cream surely !

Think of it as a flying Chocolate Eclair, I'm a good mind to call it that actually.  :idea:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Very interesting interior photos! Must say that I didn't know about the co-pilot set up. I can't imagine it would have been the best view sat back there with the navigator and bomb aimer sitting in your line of sight. It's all very reminicent of a Zeppelin gondola.

@JOCKNEY

Yes! "l'éclair au chocolat volant". Yum! We've got to get the cuisine angle in there somewhere. It's the French thing to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1